21st February 2015, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

BCA or BCS which one is better?

Hiii...
I m krutika...
I am completed 12 th this year..
I want to career in a BCA or BCS ..
But I'm confused.
Plz tell me which is more better for me.
Thank u..!!

24th February 2015, 12:13 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BCA or BCS which one is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hiii...
I m krutika...
But I'm confused.
Thank u..!!
Both the B. Sc Computer Science and BCA have good scope in both the Government and Public sectors and Both the course, having their own importance in the computer science field. But, I personally recommend you take BCA instead of B. Sc Computer Science, because BCA having very good job opportunity than B. Sc Computer Science. The BCA course helps you to learn about C, C, and Java, etc. Apart from this you can also learn Accounts and some financial subjects through BCA. So, please select any one of the course based on your interest and future aspiration.

24th February 2015, 03:05 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Krutika, don't get confused as it will only make it worse for you to decide on anyone of the two.

Both the courses have almost equal chance of providing you with a better career, provided how you perceive it. You will have to look for your own interest and ability as to which sector you are good in and in which sector do you wish to go after completion of your studies.

However, below I have mentioned some details regarding both the courses, kindly have a look and decide it for yourself a sto which course you want to opt for.

BCA:

> Bachelor of computer application (BCA) is a three year undergraduate degree program which basically focuses on the development of software application like web, BI and ERP, etc.

> This course is an excellent platform for the students who are aspiring to excel in the field of computers.

> This course aims at providing sound knowledge in the various areas of computer applications including the latest developments keeping pace with the industry.

> BCA graduates can gain employment is various sectors such as,

1. TCS

2. CTS

3. WIPRO

4. Mahendra tech

5. Infosys

6. HCL, etc

> The main objective of this course is to introduce the practical aspects of software development

BCS:

> Bachelor of computer science (BCS) is a three year undergraduate degree designed for the students who wish to study computer in depth as well as to produce graduates with specific training in software engineering.

> This degree mainly focuses on the development of skills in software development, functional knowledge of computer science, internet communications, and network and database administration and also develops our expertise in programming

> Graduates gain employment in a wide variety of areas like,

1. bioinformatics

2. networking

3. multimedia

4. robotics

5. cryptography

6. computer games, etc

> After successful completion of BCS degree a person can work with designation as a research scientist, consultant, IT management, and system analysts, etc

So, now it is upto your own self as to which course among the two will suit you the best.

Opt for only that course in which you personally feel that you will do well throughout, otherwise it won't prove to be as productive as it should be.

12th May 2015, 02:25 PM
amanshrivastava98

Both the course, BCA and BCS have a good scope for future but in my opinion, you should go for the BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application).

Yes, it is true that pursuing mere BCA will not get you a promising job according to the present market trend since there are many engineering graduates searching for the same jobs so the MNCs hire them as their employees.

To get a good job in the field of computers you have to pursue the MCA.

Many MNCs hire MCA graduates as the system analyst and pay them about 3-4 lacs per annum as per the present trend.

12th May 2015, 05:51 PM
anil_bhatt

Quote:
Hiii...
I m krutika...
But I'm confused.
Thank u..!!
According to me, you should go for BCA if you like computers and programming. So, it is just about interest factor, rather than which course is better. So, just make up your mind and then choose some better colleges for admission where you can get good exposure, education facilities, have good infrastructure, etc. Some of them are:
NIT, JNU, Delhi University, Lovely Professional University (LPU), Panjab University.....

5th June 2015, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

I am student of class 12 sci with subjects com now I am confused to choose courier in bca and bcs so please help me out which course will be more beneficial for me in today's life

11th February 2016, 02:21 PM
satyavivek

You should choose BCA because BCA(3yr)+MCA (3 yr) is equivalent to BE(cse) in term of degree value moreover BCA is completely dedicated to computers study in contrast with BSC in which you have to study many science subject with computer subject.BCA with MCA have more scope both in india and abroad

10th April 2016, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

hiii.. I was end my science 12th board exams.. and now I am totally confused in BCA & BCS degree.. I have more effective job in future .. so plz help me.. to find the correct way. ..

13th April 2016, 01:07 AM
A033bhishek

Quote:
hiii.. I was end my science 12th board exams.. and now I am totally confused in BCA & BCS degree.. I have more effective job in future .. so plz help me.. to find the correct way. ..
BCA stands for Bachelor in Computer Application while BCS stands for Bachelor in Computer science.
BCA is vocational course while BCS is a degree course.
BCA will give you opportunity to learn and use that application while BCS will give you opportunity to create the programme and applications.
BCA is more about working or business purposes while BCS is all about codings or software creating purposes.
So, basically both the courses are almost same in terms of degree but completely different in terms of functionality. All the course has their own importance, their own field, their own scope.
Choose that course which you really love and will keep continue further in your career.

4th June 2016, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

I am totally confused in bca and bsc computer science what should i do n y???

2nd June 2019, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i am Anjali and i am a commerce student I've got confused in between bcs and bca please recommend a good choice to make my career

8th June 2019, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi, sir I am Tejas I am science student I am totally confused between bca and bcs please recommend a good choice to my career

26th August 2019, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

I am confused between bsc and bcs..which is more better for me..so that in future I have no doubts..thank you

30th August 2019, 08:52 PM
pagolworld

BCA is vocational course while BCS is a degree course.

BCA will give you opportunity to learn and use that application while BCS will give you opportunity to create the programme and applications.

BCA is more about working or business purposes while BCS is all about codings or software creating purposes.

7th November 2019, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Difference between b.c.a and b.sc computer science

19th March 2020, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Hii, myself Gauri
I have completed my 12th now i am doing engineering in entc but now i don't want to do engineering....my interest is in computer which feild is better for me....plz reply

1st August 2020, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi... I am Akshata.
I am completed 12 th science of maths group...
I am confused which carrier is best in bca or bcs...
So please tell me

21st September 2020, 12:45 PM
BhosaleM

Hello, BCA Stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and BCS Stands for Bachelor of Computer Science.
In BCA You will learn computer languages like C,C++,Java as well as Management Subject like Accounting,Organizational Behavior.
IN BCS you will learn core of computer like Basics of Computer,Networking,Software Engineer,C,C++,Java,Advance Java as well as calculation subject like Mathematics,Statistics etc.
In Both curriculum have best future.If you like only Computer field you should go BCS and If you like management as well as Computer then you should go with BCA.

24th April 2021, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed may 12 th board exam, so I have confused which course I have done bca or bcs? Please recommended good job for computer. And after mca or mcs which is better?

31st July 2021, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am completed my 12th in pcb group ,
So 12th mathematics I don't know
Then now which oneis better bcs ya bca
Plzz tell me sir...%uD83D%uDE4F%uD83D%uDE4F

10th June 2022, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

which branch have more scope , opportunity , jobs , salary ?

22nd June 2023, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

BCA OR BCS Which is better for scope opportunity jobs salary?

30th June 2023, 07:52 PM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

The choice between BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications) and BCS (Bachelor of Computer Science) depends on your interests and career goals.

BCA is a specialized undergraduate degree program focusing on computer applications, programming languages, and software development. It is ideal for individuals who want to pursue a career in software development, web design, mobile app development, or database management.

On the other hand, BCS is a broader degree that covers various aspects of computer science, including algorithms, data structures, computer networks, artificial intelligence, and more. It is suitable for those interested in a more comprehensive understanding of computer science theory and applications.

Both BCA and BCS have their own merits and can lead to rewarding careers in the field of computer science. Consider your interests, preferred career path, and the specific curriculum of each program to make the decision that aligns best with your goals.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?