23rd April 2015, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Which is best institute to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) among NIT-Calicut and NIT-Warangal?

Hello,
Can you tell me which is best college between
NIT-Calicut and NIT-Warangal? I want to study
B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
Please reply immediately.

24th April 2015, 09:46 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which is best institute to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) among NIT-Calicut and NIT-Warangal?

NIT-Warangal offers B.Tech(Chemical engineering) to students having JEE rank upto 10000.
Whereas NIT-Calicut offer B.Tech (Chemical engineering ) to students having JEE rank upto 15000.

So,on the basis of rank categorization NIT-Warangal will be best option available for you instead of NIT-Calicut if you fulfill the required eligibility criteria for admission to NITs.
24th April 2015, 10:30 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is best institute to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) among NIT-Calicut and NIT-Warangal?

According to the rankings of the engineering colleges in the india NIT Warangal is better than the Nit Calicut.

NIT Warangal is amongst the top 10 engineering colleges in the India.

And in case of the student life and the campus Nit Warangal is better than the Nit Calicut.

Nit Warangal is amongst the top 10 engineering colleges in the India so it offers the different companies for the placement.

However, For more detailed information of the nit Warangal kindly visit the website mentioned below;

http://http://www.nitw.ac.in/nitw/
24th April 2015, 01:04 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Chemical engineering is very interesting engineering stream and has too much scope in today's world. All the NIT's are well reputed and provide good skilled pattern to improve a student in all ways. However the NIT- Warangal is 1st ranked NIT among all NIT's in India. So my suggestion to you is that if you have an option among above two then you should go for the NIT-Warangal.
24th April 2015, 02:02 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: Which is best institute to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) among NIT-Calicut and NIT-Warangal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Both NIT Calicut and NIT Warangal are equally good colleges for Chemical Engineering. My suggestion would be NIT Warangal because it has 50 years of history. Strong Alumni network is one factor to consider NIT Warangal over NIT Calicut. But NIT C also has its advantages in terms of good faculty and facilities. There are 7 professors who have their Ph.Ds with good amount of experience in industry and academia.

Having such faculty is always very inspirational for students in learning point of view. Both the colleges have nearly 7 Undergraduate laboratories like
  • Fluid and Particle Mechanics Lab
  • Chemical Technology Lab
  • Mechanical Operations lab
  • Heat Transfer Lab
  • Mass Transfer Lab
  • Environmental and Pollution Control Lab
  • Chemical Reaction
  • and many more

Research facilities are more in NIT Warangal compared to NIT Calicut. I suggest you to go through their official websites and logging in to the department pages, that will you give more details and facts to make a informed choice and logical conclusion. If you have NIT warangal as an option don’t miss it. Studying in such prestigious college with vast history will be a very good value to your resume.
24th April 2015, 04:35 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

NIT-Warangal is better than NIT-Calicut for studing B.Tech ( Chemical Engineering ).

NIT Warangal average package is better than that of NIT calicut.

NIT Warangal average package for Civil Engineering Branch is 5.2 lakh last year.
NIT Calicut average package for Civil Engineering Branch is 4.5 lakh per year.

JEE cutoff rank is also lesser of NIT Warangal than that of NIT Calicut.

Last year cutoff is given below :
NIT Warangal : 7,400
NIT Calicut : 12,000
24th April 2015, 05:13 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Both NIT-Calicut and NIT-Warangal are offering good quality of education in all engineering departments. The NIT-Calicut and NIT-Warangal have established more than 50 years ago and these two colleges have good academic and placement records. So, you can definitely get good education, even if you join in any of these colleges.
24th April 2015, 05:56 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

The best institute between NIT-Calicut and NIT-Warangal is NIT-Warangal since it ranks higher than NIT-Calicut and also has better exposure facilities. However, the success of yours depends on the level of input you can give to produce the desired results. Both NIT-Calicut and NIT-Warangal are very good platforms and you can shine in any one of them provided you work hard and study well. There is enough scope and exposure given by both the institutions so there is nothing to worry much about the institutions, you should work on your own skills and knowledge and use the institute as a platform to rise to great heights in your career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?