24th December 2013, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

CA can be joined directly or any entrance exam is required? Percentage required in graduation for IPCC?

I have 47% in my graduation and i want to do CA, so i have to give entrance first or i can join directly.... How many % required in graduation for IPCC?

2nd January 2014, 11:05 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CA can be joined directly or any entrance exam is required? Percentage required in graduation for IPCC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 47% in my graduation and i want to do CA, so i have to give entrance first or i can join directly.... How many % required in graduation for IPCC?
Hey friend,

To join in as a Chartered Accountant you cannot join in it directly as you need to join in the ICWAI (Institute of Cost and works Accountants of India) course.It was setup under the Cost and Works Accountants Act.The ICWAI consists of 3 stages such as:

>> Foundation
>> Intermediate
>> Final

You can apply for the Foundation when you have completed 12th and you can join in the course.The subjects would include such as:
  • Organization and Management Fundamentals
  • Business Mathematics and Statistics Fundamentals
  • Financial Accounting Fundamentals
  • Economics and Business Fundamentals

In the case if you have completed a Degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage then you can directly join in the Intermediate course.The Degree which you are completing can be done in any stream and if you are from a Commerce stream then you need to have 50% aggregate and in the case of you having completed in Non-commerce stream means then you need to have 60% aggregate.The subjects in the Intermediate course are:

Intermediate Course:

I:
  • Business Taxation
  • Cost and Management Accounting
  • Business Laws and Communication Skill
  • Information Systems and Technology

II:
  • Auditing
  • Advanced Financial Accounting
  • Management Accounting Performance Management
  • Quantitative Methods

If you finish the Intermediate course then you can join in the Final course and if you finish that also you can become a Chartered Accountant.

ALL THE BEST
5th January 2014, 12:39 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CA can be joined directly or any entrance exam is required? Percentage required in graduation for IPCC?

It is quite sad to inform you that with a percentage of 47% in your graduation, you cannot pursue Chartered Accountancy especially in the good institutes of India. In order to pursue Chartered Accountancy you need to have atleast 50% to be eligible directly for Intermediate stage which is Integrated Professional Competency Course. However there is no need to worry since you can pursue Chartered Accountancy only if you start it from the Foundation Course. You have to enroll for the CPT of CA programme. There is no bar on the age for this exam. After qualifying the exam you can go for the Foundation course followed by Integrated Professional Competency Course (I.P.C.C) and then final course along with 100 hours of industrial training.

Percentage required for IPCC:-
-Commerce graduate with an aggregate of 50% marks in their graduation.
-Non commerce graduate with subjects other than mathematics with an aggregate of 55% marks in their graduation
-Non commerce graduates with Maths with an aggregate of 60% marks in their graduation.

Some of the good institutes for this course are:-
- Ahmednagar Jilha Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj’s New Arts, Commerce & Science College located in Buldana, Maharashtra
- Aurora’s Degree College located in Hyderabad
- Aggarwal P G College located in Faridabad
- B N Saha D A V Public School located in Jharkhand
- Asansol Branch of Eastern India Regional Council of ICAI located in Kolkata
- Agra Branch of Eastern India Regional Council of ICAI located in Uttar Pradesh
- Coimbatore Branch of Eastern India Regional Council of ICAI located in Tamil Nadu
- Biyani Commerce College located in Jaipur
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Vivekananda College of Science, Humanities and Commerce located in Secunderabad
- B H S First Grade College located in Karnataka
- Badruka Institute of Professional Studies located in Hyderabad

Entrance exams :-
-CPT
-IPCC

So you need to give CPT entrance exam. It is conducted twice in a year in the month of June and December usually.
5th January 2014, 12:47 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is quite sad to inform you that with a percentage of 47% in your graduation, you cannot pursue Chartered Accountancy especially in the good institutes of India. In order to pursue Chartered Accountancy you need to have atleast 50% to be eligible directly for Intermediate stage which is Integrated Professional Competency Course. However there is no need to worry since you can pursue Chartered Accountancy only if you start it from the Foundation Course. You have to enroll for the CPT of CA programme. There is no bar on the age for this exam. After qualifying the exam you can go for the Foundation course followed by Integrated Professional Competency Course (I.P.C.C) and then final course along with 100 hours of industrial training.

Percentage required for IPCC:-
-Commerce graduate with an aggregate of 50% marks in their graduation.
-Non commerce graduate with subjects other than mathematics with an aggregate of 55% marks in their graduation
-Non commerce graduates with Maths with an aggregate of 60% marks in their graduation.

Some of the good institutes for this course are:-
- Ahmednagar Jilha Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj’s New Arts, Commerce & Science College located in Buldana, Maharashtra
- Aurora’s Degree College located in Hyderabad
- Aggarwal P G College located in Faridabad
- B N Saha D A V Public School located in Jharkhand
- Asansol Branch of Eastern India Regional Council of ICAI located in Kolkata
- Agra Branch of Eastern India Regional Council of ICAI located in Uttar Pradesh
- Coimbatore Branch of Eastern India Regional Council of ICAI located in Tamil Nadu
- Biyani Commerce College located in Jaipur
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Vivekananda College of Science, Humanities and Commerce located in Secunderabad
- B H S First Grade College located in Karnataka
- Badruka Institute of Professional Studies located in Hyderabad

Entrance exams :-
-CPT
-IPCC

So you need to give CPT entrance exam. It is conducted twice in a year in the month of June and December usually.
28th December 2016, 06:23 PM
logicinstitute

Hi friend,

To appear for CA (Charted Accountant) Exams, 1st you have to pass your 12th and after that you can join the foundation course. Once you have started your course, first comes the CPT (Common Proficiency Test) Exam, after which you can appear for IPCC (Integrated Professional Competency Course). After clearing IPCC comes the CA Finals.
To appear for IPCC you should have an aggregate of 50% or more in your graduation.

Wish you All the Best!

Last edited by logicinstitute; 29th December 2016 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Spacing issue in the 1st line
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?