25th July 2021, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IFoS with a degree from IGNOU?

"Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification" I AM A ENGLISH GRADUATE. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO GET INTO IFoS.. CAN I APPEAR FOR IT , IF I HAVE A DEGREE OF ANY OF THESE SUBJECTS FROM IGNOU ?

25th July 2021, 12:17 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IFoS with a degree from IGNOU?

Yes. You are certainly eligible to appear in IFoS (Indian Forest Services) examination with the criteria mentioned. This recruitment Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission UPSC.

>> Candidates must have completed Bachelor's degree in any of the above mentioned courses to be eligible.

>> Hence, I can say that Graduation done from IGNOU is accepted since IGNOU is a recognized university or institute .
25th July 2021, 02:21 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor degree in English is not the sufficient qualification to appear for the IFoS examination.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree in any of the above mentioned subject ( mentioned in your query ) to become eligible for it. The age limit is 21-32 years.

Examination is conducted in three stages and after qualifying in all stages of examination become eligible for final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th July 2021, 02:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be definitely eligible for joining Indian Forest Services (IFS) by qualifying IFS examination held by UPSC on completing a Bachelor's degree in at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification even from IGNOU (Indian Gandhi National Open University) as the same university is one a national university and degree from the same university is accepted for UPSC examinations.

For complete details regarding IFS examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
27th July 2021, 07:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

IFoS is Indian Forest Service. For recruitment in the service, candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

You are not eligible to appear for the examination on the basis of bachelor degree in arts.

So, if you want to appear for the examination, you will have to complete the degree in mentioned course. To get more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th July 2021, 08:16 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for IFoS with a degree from IGNOU.

You have completed bachelor degree so you are eligible for Indian Forest Service exam.

Eligibility for Indian Forest Service exam:-
Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognised University in animal husbandry and veterinary science, botany, chemistry, geology, mathematics, physics, statistics and zoology or a degree in agriculture or forestry or engineering are eligible for IFoS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for Indian Forest Service exam .

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Selection procedure:-

Preliminary exam
Main exam
Interview.

IGNOU is a recognised University, so you are eligible to appear for IFoS exam.
27th July 2021, 08:35 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Forest Service exam after completing bachelor degree from IGNOU.

Candidates who have completed graduation degree in any of the following stream from any recognised University are eligible for Indian Forest Service exam -

Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Zoology
Mathematics
Physics
Statistics and Zoology
Degree in Agriculture or Forestry
Engineering etc.

Age limit is between 21 to 30 years.
Age relaxation is also provided as per government norms.

As you have done graduation from IGNOU which is well recognised University. So you are eligible for Indian Forest Service examination.
27th July 2021, 09:45 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, you can apply for Ifos exam with a degree from IGNOU.

Candidate who have completed his/her graduation degree in any of the following stream from any recognised university are eligible for Indian Forest Service Exam:

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
Botany.
Chemistry.
Geology.
Mathematics.
Physics.
Statistics.
Zoology.
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry.
28th July 2021, 09:09 PM
Msdhoni02

Eligibility for IFoS from IGNOU is given below:-

1. You must have completed a graduation from any subject with minimum of 60 percent marks.

2. You should be an Indian.

3. You should be 21 years or above.
28th July 2021, 09:09 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the candidate can appear in IFoS with a degree from IGNOU. Since the eligibility criteria to appear in the IFoS say that the candidate should hold graduation with first division from any recognized university. The selected candidate will get a salary of 50,000 per month to 3,00,000 per month.
28th July 2021, 10:38 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Arts students are not eligible to apply for IFoS. Only science and engineering graduates are eligible to apply for IFoS. If you have a degree in one of the following subjects then you are eligible for this exam.

1) Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
2) Botany.
3) Chemistry.
4) Geology.
5) Mathematics.
6) Statistics.
7) Physics.
8) Zoology.

A graduation degree from IGNOU is applicable for all government jobs. Because IGNOU is recognized by UGC.
29th July 2021, 08:55 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for IFoS(Indian Forest Service Examination) with a degree from IGNOU (The Indira Gandhi National Open University). IGNOU is recognized by UGC(University Grants Commission) which means it is as valid as any regular degree pursued from any university in India.

The eligibility to apply for IFoS is a candidate must have passed bachelor's degree in any one of the subjects as Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science/Botany/Chemistry/Geology/Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Zoology/Agriculture/Forestry/Engineering from a recognized university. The candidate minimum age should be 21 years and the maximum age should be 32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?