27th October 2016, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for medical entrance exam on the basis of B.Sc marks, if got 48% in class 12th with PCB stream?

Sir/Mam, I have graduated with 58% in CBZ and now am doing Masters final year, but I had PCB marks in 12th was 48%. So, I am keen to know can I do medicine with my B.Sc marksheet? Is it compulsory to use 12th marksheet for admission basis? Thank you.

27th October 2016, 08:56 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for medical entrance exam on the basis of B.Sc marks, if got 48% in class 12th with PCB stream?

The one and only medical entrance examination for admission in MBBS and BDS course is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. Eligibility criteria for NEET exam is:

*Academic qualification: 10+2 appearing or passed from a recognized board of India with at least 50% marks. Your subject in 10+2 must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

*The age limit is 17-25 years. Upper age limit is relaxed by five years for OBC, SC/ST candidates.

You can not use bachelor's degree marks to apply for medical entrance examination.
28th October 2016, 01:27 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for medical entrance exam on the basis of B.Sc marks, if got 48% in class 12th with PCB stream?

I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for medical entrance examination if you have not been able to score a minimum of 50% in aggregate as it is the minimum eligibility criteria. Your age should be in between 17 and 25 years.
28th October 2016, 01:40 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

For every exam, there is a qualifying exam, which you have to clear and proof of clearance of which you need to produce before filing the application of the exam.

In case of MBBS, the qualifying exam as decided by the concerned body is 12th or its equivalent.

The list of equivalent exams is given in the does not feature the BSc which is a graduation degree and itself equivalent technically to MBBS.

So, you cannot pursue medicine on the basis of your BSc mark sheet and you need to produce the 12th mark sheet there.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?