5th August 2015, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for PSU jobs with 6.8 CGPA?

Sir, i have CPI of 6.2 and CGPA of 6.8. I am a student of GTU. And as per GTU cpi and cgpa conversion in percentage by subtracting 0.5 from index and multiplying by 10. As per this rule my percentage as per cpi (6.2-0.5)*10 is 57% and as per cgpa (6.8-0.5)*10 is 63%. Can i apply for job in PSU?

6th August 2015, 12:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for PSU jobs with 6.8 CGPA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i have CPI of 6.2 and CGPA of 6.8. I am a student of GTU. And as per GTU cpi and cgpa conversion in percentage by subtracting 0.5 from index and multiplying by 10. As per this rule my percentage as per cpi (6.2-0.5)*10 is 57% and as per cgpa (6.8-0.5)*10 is 63%. Can i apply for job in PSU?
Yes, you can apply for PSU's but you must have valid GATE score.

List of the Public sector organization are,

1 .Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited

2 .Oil and Natural Gas Corporation

3 .Gas Authority India Ltd

4 .Hindustan Aeronautics Limited

5 .Indian Oil Corporation Limited

6 .Steel Authority of India

7 .Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited

8 .Defence Research and Development Organization

9 .Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited

10 .National Thermal Power Corporation
6th August 2015, 08:49 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

The conversion of percentage is decided by the college authority as per the rules it follows. So your percentage will be 57%. However, there is nothing to worry , you can still get an employment opportunity in PSUs with this percentage. You can appear in GATE and score good percentage to get employment opportunity in PSUs. Some PSUs do ask for 60% while the rest recruit on the basis of written test, interview and medical examination results. So appear in the recruitment drives of such PSUs. GATE is a good medium to get employment in the top PSUs. So appear in GATE and try to score very good marks to make your position strong for employment.
6th August 2015, 12:59 PM
mrss

Yes, 6.8 cgpa is good enough for job in public sector undertaking. It is almost 65% marks where to get job in PSU you are required to secure 60% marks.
You can apply but have to appear for the entrance exam to get job. Must check whether you are meeting the qualification criteria to appeae for the entrance exam

There should be no backlogs pending.Must clear them before apply for job.Each company have their own preference.
ELIGIBLE PSU's::
1.Have to be indian citizen
2. Engineering graduates are eligible.
3. Secure 60% marks in engineering graduation.
4. There is a need of GATE score in some PSU's
5.You should be within the age limit of 21 to 30 yeara
6. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.
7. Relaxation is 5years for SC and ST.
6th August 2015, 02:19 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for PSU jobs with 6.8 CGPA.
Candidates who have secured more than 6 CGPA or 60% marks in graduation can apply for job in PSUs.
PSU provide jobs to the graduate candidate on the basis of their score in GATE.
So, also you have to appear for GATE exam and score good marks.
6th August 2015, 07:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For PSU job as fresher you need GATE score along with B.Tech qualification. Also, score should be very good then only you will have chance of getting job. You can surely try to apply for PSU job with these marks as selection will be based on interview performance.

For GATE you need 60% marks in B.Tech or its equivalent. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.
7th August 2015, 12:14 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much apply for various jobs in PSUs with 6.8 CGPA as in most of the cases, the minimum marks required is deemed at 60% in graduation.

Therefore, you are most eligible to apply for maximum companies in PSUs.
7th August 2015, 12:45 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for jobs in Public Sector Undertaking is:

Candidates must have done bachelor' s degree in engineering or technology from recognized university. Those who are in final year can also apply for the exam.

You should have minimum of 60% in 10th, 12th and in bachelor's degree also. This criteria is for most of the PSUs.

So, you are eligible for PSU jobs with 6.8 CGPA in bachelor's degree. Other than this you must have a valid GATE score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?