4th November 2021, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an embryologist after BDS?

I have done BDS(bachelor of dental surgery). Am I eligible to apply for embryology course without doing BSc? Can I become an embryologist?

5th November 2021, 07:45 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an embryologist after BDS?

On order to.become an embryologist, one has to have bachelor's degree in biological science.
Must have post graduate degree in Assisted Reproductive technology
Or
Embryology
Or
Biotechnology
BDS students can also apply for the course.
Those who have completed MBBS/BAMS/BHMS/pharmacy/nursing/dairy/fishery etc are also eligible to apply.
5th November 2021, 11:47 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To become an embryologist a candidate has to complete a bachelor's degree in biology or biological science from a recognized university. You can complete a Master of Clinical Embryology, an internationally renowned training program for all Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART). On completion of this course, you will have to develop the specialized knowledge and practical skills needed to work in and manage human ART.
5th November 2021, 04:52 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become an embryologist after BDS.
Because the BDS degree is awarded on the successful completion of the four-year academic education.

• The one-year mandatory internship programme in dentistry education leading to the Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree programme. After completing your BDS, you are qualified to practice as a dentist.
5th November 2021, 08:39 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become an embryologist after BDS.

Students of Bachelors of science degree from any UGC recognised universities/ MBBS/BDS/ BAMS/ BHMS, Pharmacy, Nursing, BVSC, Dairy, Fishery and Engineering with science or any other equivalent degree are eligible to apply for this course.
5th November 2021, 09:07 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° To become embryologist to one need masters degree in reproductive science, reproductive laboratory science, clinical embryology and Andrology or clinical science.
Some embryologists continue doing PhD after their Masters.
Students with a bachelor's degree in Biomedicine, Biology can do a Master's degree course.
According to me, you are eligible to pursue Masters in embryology after completing bachelors in dental surgery degree course.
8th November 2021, 05:56 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become embryologist after your BDS according to the eligibility required.

Students of BSc Degree from any UGC recognised University/ MBBS /BDS /BAMS/ BHMS/Pharmacy /Nursing /Diary /Fishery and Engineering with science or any other equivalent degree are eligible to be an embryologist.

Student with Foreign National Degree will apply through equivalence committee. Candidates with 45% and above are eligible to apply for embryologist.
8th November 2021, 08:51 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, Students of Bachelors of Science (B.Sc) degree from any UGC recognized Universities/MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BHMS, Pharmacy, Nursing, BVSc, Dairy, Fishery and Engineering with Science (Biotechnology and Life science related) or any other equivalent degree are eligible to apply for this course.
8th November 2021, 11:48 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. After completing BDS, you are eligible to become an embryologist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?