21st March 2017, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BCA course, if haven’t studied maths and science in 12th?

I have weak math and I have left my studies since six years. So, can I do BCA or not my 12th stream is math science.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to opt for MCA course for a science student who havenÂ’t studied Mathematics at HS level?
  2. Can I study BCA if secured 47.5% in Maths of 12th? List of colleges, syllabus and job opportunities of BCA?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in NIMCET if haven't studied Maths in 12th being a BCA final year student?
  4. Which colleges can I get for BCA and MCA admission, if I havenÂ’t studied maths in 12th?
  5. Can I study BCA if completed 12th without Computer Science? List of colleges in Kerala, scope and syllabus of BCA program?
  6. Can I study Diploma in Engineering if haven't studied Maths in 12th Science?
  7. Eligibility to study BCA for a candidate who has secured 44% in 12th? List of colleges in Kerala?
  8. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  9. Eligibility to study MCA for B.Sc(IT) candidate who didn't studied Maths in 12th?
  10. Eligibility to study BCA for 12th Commerce student who haven't studied Computer Application?
  11. Can I get admission to study 12th Science in NIOS Board if haven't studied 11th standard?
  12. Can I go for BCA after studying maths in 12th?
  13. What is the eligibility for MCA? I have completed BCA
  14. Can I do geography honours, if haven't studied economics and maths in 10+2?
  15. How can I become a Pilot if I am a commerce student? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  17. Humanities student can get Computer Application as a subject in Xavier's college?
  18. Am I eligible for NIMCET if studied Maths as one of the subject in BCA and not in 12th?
21st March 2017, 08:27 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BCA course, if haven’t studied maths and science in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have weak math and I have left my studies since six years. So, can I do BCA or not my 12th stream is math science.

Sorry, you cannot do BCA course, if you have not studied mathematics subject in class 12th. The basic eligibility to study the BCA course is a pass in class 10+2 with at least 50% marks and candidates should have studied Mathematics or Computer Science as a subject in 10+2 examinations. This is the common admission eligibility followed in most of the colleges for the admission to BCA course. You can study some other courses like BA English, BA History, BA Hindi, BA Journalism and Mass Communication, BA Political Science, BA Social Science, BA Social Work, BBA, BA Public Administration etc.
21st March 2017, 11:18 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications and the candidates who have completed their 12th standard with mathematics as one of their subjects from a recognized board are eligible for this course. But, you have mentioned that you haven't studied mathematics in 12th standard, so I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for BCA course.
22nd March 2017, 06:54 PM
EngineerSolution

Quote:
Maths is inevitable for BCA and so do a pass in 12th. Complete the 12th education through open schooling or regular mode and pursue BCA. In BCA also there is maths paper in one semester. Also the computer education and programming requires basic skills in mathematics.
28th March 2017, 10:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, you are not eligible for BCA course.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.
23rd March 2020, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do BCA course, if haven%u2019t studied maths and science in 12th?

I have opted science without maths in 12th class.so without studying maths in 12th can I study BCA course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?