13th November 2021, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Economics honours without Maths?

Can i do eco hons. in commerce without maths my subject are English, hindi , economics , business, accounts. I want to do eco hons. My favorite subjec eco can i do eco hons. With out maths. I am in 11th class .

14th November 2021, 09:56 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Economics honours without Maths?

--- Candidate must have done 10 + 2 from a recognised board.
Mathematics must be one of the compulsory subjects studied in class 11th and 12th because without mathematics you will not be eligible to get admission in Bachelors Degree in Economics in any top universities like Delhi university or others.

All colleges like Hindu College, Ramjas College, Shri Ram College of Commerce etc. Admit candidates who have taken mathematics as compulsory subject in 10 + 2.
14th November 2021, 11:43 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do Economics Honours without Mathematics as well, it may differ from college to college as some colleges prefer Mathematics in your 10+2 and some not. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed 10+2 in any stream with Economics as one of the major subjects with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board. Admission selection may be done on the basis of performance in the entrance test.
15th November 2021, 11:22 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, maths is compulsory for economics honours.

An economist must be very much strong in calculation so math is very much important for economics honours as the course containing statistics, algebra and some other subjects of Maths.
But it does't mean that math is the only stream after which you can go for economics honours. If you have done 12th with other of science ( maths ) or Commerce you are eligible for economics honours.

Economics Colleges:-

Saint Xaviers College, Kolkata
Wisdom College
Loyola College
Presidency College, Kolkata
Saint Stephen's College, Delhi
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
15th November 2021, 11:51 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Economics is considered a social science but even as social science some of the theories and analysis in Economics require a firm foundation in mathematics.
In order to correctly evaluate data related to economics students will use the following:

Algebra

Calculus

Statistics

Undergraduate degree in Economics or business will require students to study at least basic level courses of the above mathematics and if you are pursuing a masters of arts for masters of Science in Economics you will need to dive deeper into the world of math because it is more rarely used in advanced courses of Economics.

However, you can pursue economics honours without mathematics as well.
15th November 2021, 01:08 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Since economics Honors has a lot of stuff related to mathematics, I think it would be difficult for someone having no knowledge about the maths being done in 11th and 12th standard. Thus there is no good university offering economics Hons without maths.
15th November 2021, 02:00 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

No. You are not eligible to do Economics honors without Mathematics. There are no good universities that offer Economics honors without Maths.
15th November 2021, 02:02 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

No. You are not eligible to do Economics honors without Mathematics. There are no good universities that offer Economics honors without Mathematics.
15th November 2021, 05:34 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Economics hons has a lot of stuff related to mathematics, it would be difficult for someone having no knowledge about the maths being done in 11th and 12th standard. Thus there is no good university offering economics Hons without maths.
15th November 2021, 05:54 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Maths is compulsory , you can take admission without maths but after that for strong career in economics you will need maths .
If you want only bachelor's degree in economics, you van take but you have to work hard in statistics and other important topics of maths.

And the admission also depends on the University, as each have their own eligibility criteria for admission .
Some give preference to maths while others not.
15th November 2021, 07:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to get admission in Economics honors course.

It is mandatory to have mathematics to get admission in Economics honors.
15th November 2021, 08:41 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

Yes, you can not do it. Economics hons has a lot of stuff related to mathematics, it would be difficult for someone having no knowledge about the maths being done in 11th and 12th standard. Thus there is no good university offering economics Hons without maths.
15th November 2021, 11:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i do eco hons. in commerce without maths my subject are English, hindi , economics , business, accounts. I want to do eco hons. My favorite subjec eco can i do eco hons. With out maths. I am in 11th class .
Yes, you can do B.Com course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 60% mark from recognized board are eligible for B.Com.

Your age should be above 17 years.
11th April 2022, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

What are the government University where eco hons offer without maths in class 12
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?