28th June 2021, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBBS after BSc? Procedure for the same?

I'm a BSc PCM student... Can I do mbbs after completing my BSc course...? What is the procedure for that..?

29th June 2021, 02:08 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MBBS after BSc? Procedure for the same?

MBBS is itself a bachelor degree so it has nothing to do with your BSc. if you want to get admission in MBBS then you have to appear for National level exam called NEET.

candidates who have completed or appearing in class 12th with minimum 5 subjects including English, chemistry, physics, biology as compulsory subjects can apply. candidates of distance learning for private students and those who have biology as an additional subjects are also eligible for the exam.
Candidates who have attained 17 years of age are eligible for this exam.
29th June 2021, 11:31 PM
periwinkle09876

One who has completed 10 + 2 with non medical stream i.e. Physics, chemisty and Mathematics is not eligible to apply for MBBS course through NEET exam.
Education qualification for MBBS course is 10 + 2 with medical stream i.e. combination of Physics, chemistry and Biology.
So, you are not eligible.
30th June 2021, 09:03 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

For admission in MBBS course, candidates have to appear and qualify in NTA NEET.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

The minimum age limit is 17 years and no upper age limit.

So, candidates with above qualification are eligible to appear for the examination and after qualifying in it will become eligible for MBBS course.
30th June 2021, 09:11 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and to pursue the same, you are required to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So, even being a student of B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) degree course, you can pursue MBBS degree course if you hold the essential education required to pursue MBBS degree course which is mentioned above otherwise not.

Also, to pursue MBBS degree course from any medical college in India, you are required to qualify NEET or AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination.
30th June 2021, 12:22 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- To do MBBS course, one must have done 10 + 2 with subject combination of Physics ,Chemistry and Biology from a recognised board.
Aap to passing 12th standard one has to appear in the entrance examination known as NEET.

The entrance examination can be given after BSc only if a candidate is pursuing BSc with subject combination of chemistry, botany and Zoology.
As you have completed your graduation with subject combination of physics, chemistry and mathematics, therefore you are not eligible to appear in the entrance examination because Biology is compulsory subject.
3rd July 2021, 02:04 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Of course, you can do MBBS after Bachelor of Science degree course but you will have to appear in the entrance examination that is conducted on the basis of 12th standard for those who have completed their 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject from recognised board.
Nobody is going to consider your Bachelor of Science degree during admission because admission to MBBS course is done on the basis of 12th so, your BSc degree will become useless.

°°° You will have to appear in the entrance examination known as NEET ( National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test ).

°°° The minimum age required to appear in the entrance exam is 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
The decision on the upper age limit is pending so, all candidates those who are interested can apply.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://www.ntaneet.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?