7th September 2021, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy after completing BBA?

Sir, i have finished my SYJC in Science stream and now i am pursuing second year of BBA will i be able to join Merchant navy after the completion of BBA??

7th September 2021, 11:10 AM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can I join merchant navy after completing BBA?

Yes. You can join merchant navy after completing BBA.

And you may go for general bba course as well as specialized bba courses. After completion of 12th course.

This exam is generally conducted in the month of May.

DATE:- 26-Jul-2020
interested candidates can appear for the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) or the All India Merchant Navy Entrance Exam.
7th September 2021, 01:51 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, BBA candidates are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics from Central/ State Board or recognised school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
7th September 2021, 05:05 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join. But you may go for general bba course as well as specialized bba courses.

After completion of 12th course, interested candidates can appear for the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) or the All India Merchant Navy Entrance Exam. This exam is generally conducted in the month of May.
7th September 2021, 06:57 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No you cannot go for merchant Navy because candidates wishing to enter the navigational and Engineering fields of merchant Navy need to complete their BSc degree in mechanical or Marine Engineering, before they can gain admission to the field. Students who have completed their 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics are eligible to join as Deck cadet.

They can as GP rating but the work given to them isn't like officers.
Mostly Navy prefers engineers at 12:00 passed guys and then fitter, go rating people and a cook.
8th September 2021, 06:07 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Merchant Navy after completing your BBA course. The minimum qualification required to join Merchant Navy is a candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from a recognized board. Admission will be through an entrance test followed by a screening test and a main written examination. After clearing the test, there is an interview and a medical test. The candidate's normal vision is required but glassed up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed and also one needs to complete a ship training course prior to the employment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?