2nd October 2018, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BE(CSE) after completing BCA(H)?

Hello everyone, I am a BCA student of 2nd year. I want to study BE in CSE stream after my BCA(H) course. So, is it possible for me to do this BE after my BCA? Can I eligible for admission? I have studied science in 12th.

4th October 2018, 10:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BE(CSE) after completing BCA(H)?

For engineering entrance exams, there is an upper age limit and if you are below that limit, then surely you will be eligible to apply for the entrance exam.

Just make sure you have studied class 12th with PCM stream. Any other stream is not acceptable for B.Tech CSE admission.
5th October 2018, 04:34 PM
Careeradviser
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone, I am a BCA student of 2nd year. I want to study BE in CSE stream after my BCA(H) course. So, is it possible for me to do this BE after my BCA? Can I eligible for admission? I have studied science in 12th.

It is not recommended to study BE Computer Science Engineering after completion of BCA (H). Instead, you can study MCA or MSc Computer Science after completion of BCA (H) degree. As you have completed the bachelor’s degree, you can join master’s degree and not BE or BTech course. Eligibility to study the BE Computer Science Engineering is a pass in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. If you fulfill the above requirements, then you are eligible to study BE (CSE).
5th October 2018, 08:07 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

B.E. refers to Bachelor of Engineering and to pursue B.E. degree course in any discipline the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with PCM group from a recognized board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th in Science stream, you are eligible to pursue B.E. in Computer Science discipline irrespective of your other higher educational qualification which is BCA degree in your case.
5th October 2018, 11:32 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** As per my knowledge, yes you can study BE(CSE) after completing BCA(H).

** I think BE (CSE) is not good option for you after completing BCA course so my suggestion to you is that you should study Master of Computer Applications.

** Master of Computer Applications is a postgraduate Information Technology course. The duration of MCA course is three years.

** Candidate should have passed graduation with at least 50% from a recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?