10th December 2015, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Can i study Law through distance education?

I like to know about civil law. I am not interested in practicing. I just want to know the basics in law to face problem in properties. Can i do any course in distance education?

11th December 2015, 10:47 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Can i study Law through distance education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I like to know about civil law. I am not interested in practicing. I just want to know the basics in law to face problem in properties. Can i do any course in distance education?
Yes, you can do LLB through distance mode. To be eligible for LLB, you must be a graduate with 40% (5% relaxation for SC/ST/PWD candidates) marks from a recognized university or a deemed university recognized. The candidate must qualify in the CLAT entrance exam in order to get admission.

Colleges Offering LLB Through Distance Mode:

IGNOU Distance Education
Address: Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 India
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]

Annamalai University Distance Education
Address Annamalai Nagar - 608 002, Tamil Nadu, India
E-mail: [email protected]

National Law School of India University Distance Education
Address National Law School of India University, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore - 560 072
E-mail [email protected] and [email protected]
Website ttp://www.nls.ac.in
11th December 2015, 03:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Bar Council of India which regulates the law profession in India has stopped approving distance mode law degrees for becoming a registered lawyer. Hence, you can pursue distance mode but it will not be approved by BCI.

If you want to get yourself registered as a lawyer then you have to complete the course in a regular mode through a BCI approved university. CLAT will be the best option for you.
11th December 2015, 05:55 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely pursue your Law course from Distance mode there is no harm in it. You just need to fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria in order to pursue the course.

> Applicant should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

> Applicant should have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in graduation.

> For Sc/ST candidates it is fixed at 45%.

You will have to clear CLAT examination in order to get admission in the course.
11th December 2015, 06:05 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue LLB vis distance mode,you will however, have to fulfill the below mentioned requirements;

> Candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any stream.

> Candidate should have scored a minimum of 55% in their graduation, 45% fro SC/ST.

> Candidate's age should not exceed 30 years, additional 5 years of age relaxation is provided to SC/ST candidates.
12th December 2015, 01:08 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can do law through Distance education. The law course in distance mode is available in many universities like,

- IGNOU (www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/studentzone)
- Annamalai University (www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in)
- Madurai Kamaraj University (www.mkuniversity.org/)etc.

You cannot practice in Courts of Law as a Lawyer. It is only purely academic in nature. If you want to practice as a lawyer then you have to study through regular or evening college. You can work as advisor with distance law course.
12th December 2015, 01:07 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely study Law through distance education. There is no problem in pursuing course in the field of Law. You can pursue LLB course through correspondence mode. However, make sure that you get admission in a recognized institute which has been approved by Bar Council of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?