28th October 2018, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MBBS after completing BPharm?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am a BPharm student of 2nd year. I want to study MBBS course after completing my BPharm course. So, is it possible for me to do this MBBS after my BPharm? Can I eligible for admission? I have studied science in 12th.

2nd November 2018, 08:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBBS after completing BPharm?

Yes, you can take admission in MBBS after getting into medical entrance examinations, on the basis of 12th class. As there is no similarity in B Pharmacy and MBBS course, therefore they don't have interrelation like BTech and diploma course.
2nd November 2018, 09:16 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do MBBS after completing the B. Pharmacy and some of the colleges provide MBBS at the lowest cost all over India leading Private and Government colleges.

So, first if you crack the entrance exam. If you are qualified with merit seat and do not want to occupy management seat then according to me you can take drop for getting merit seat. If you are qualified with average then you want to occupy management seat.

So you should prepare to hard work for entrance exam.
2nd November 2018, 10:34 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes,obviously you can pursue MBBS after completing your B Pharmacy but you have to qualify the entrance test that is NEET.
Maximum age limit to pursue MBBS is 25 years whereas relaxation in upper age limit is provided to reserved students.
2nd November 2018, 10:53 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do MBBS after your B. Pharmacy degree. But there are some Institutes, it depends upon which college you choose.
There can be age limitations and also such issues. But if you are really interested in doing MBBS then you should abide the rules of the medical college. On the other hand I have seen students doing MBBS after D. pharmacy.
3rd November 2018, 12:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam, I am a BPharm student of 2nd year. I want to study MBBS course after completing my BPharm course. So, is it possible for me to do this MBBS after my BPharm? Can I eligible for admission? I have studied science in 12th.

Yes, you can study MBBS after completion of BPharm degree. You have to clear the medical entrance examination (NEET) for the admission to study MBBS. Your age should not be more than 25 years for appearing in the NEET examination. You should have studied 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects in both class 11 and 12 from a recognized board and should have scored at least 50% marks for appearing in the NEET.
3rd November 2018, 05:43 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study MBBS after completing BPharm. You can join MBBS course through only NEET examination. The maximum age to get admission in MBBS course is 25 years. so if you complete your B.pharm under the eligible age criteria, you can give the entrance exam for MBBS.
3rd November 2018, 06:57 PM
Amitkh

In India the maximum age limit for getting admission in MBBS is 25 years. So if you complete your B.pharm at the age say 23-24 years, you can do MBBS.

If you have secured 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in 10+2 examination from a recognised board of education, then you are eligible for MBBS. For reserved category students, the requirement is 40% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.

The MBBS is also a bachelor course but you have to qualify the NEET exam. In order to be eligible for NEET, you can be max 25 years old at the date of examination. For reserved category (SC, ST, OBC ) candidates will get a relaxation of 5 years, which means they can be max 30 years old at the time of examination.
4th November 2018, 06:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and as the name suggests it is an undergraduate degree course after completing which one head towards becoming a doctor.

Further, the minimum education required to pursue MBBS degree course is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 40% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) in PCB group subjects from a recognized board of education.

So, being a student of B.Pharmacy degree course, you are eligible to pursue MBBS degree course if you have completed your Class 12th in above specified stream and with mentioned minimum marks.

Also, for pursuing MBBS degree course from a medical college of India, you must qualify anyone of NEET or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?