24th May 2016, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Chances to get IT jobs for a candidate with 64% in B.Tech?

Sir,
I am Pavan Chauhan. I am doing my B.Tech 4th year now. I have 64% in my B.Tech. Are there chances of getting a job in IT companies with this percentage? Please clear my doubt as I am worried a lot.

25th May 2016, 05:42 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Chances to get IT jobs for a candidate with 64% in B.Tech?

Yes, definitely you can get a job.

It is true that there are certain companies which have their eligibility criteria as 65% but they are very very less in number. Most of them have a general criteria of not having any present backlog, so you just need to take care of that.

Since you are applying in the IT sector, a lot of things depend on your programming skills, so try to better in that field, the percentage wont come in your way.
25th May 2016, 09:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am Pavan Chauhan. I am doing my B.Tech 4th year now. I have 64% in my B.Tech. Are there chances of getting a job in IT companies with this percentage? Please clear my doubt as I am worried a lot.
Yes, you will get IT jobs as per marks criteria.

General eligibility criteria:-

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for IT companies are,

IT company= 60%

Candidates having more than two year gap throughout the studies are not eligible for IT companies recruitment process.
25th May 2016, 11:34 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,
Yes, of course you can get a job in IT companies after completing B.Tech with 64% of marks. There are so many private IT companies offering job opportunity for B.Tech candidates. Most of the IT companies required at least 60% of marks at Graduation level since, you have
26th May 2016, 12:15 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,
Yes, you can get job in IT companies with 64% marks in B.Tech. There are many IT companies who recruit candidates scored over 60% marks. The selection process consists of Aptitude test, Technical interview and HR interview. So you have to prepare well for the aptitude test to get a job in the IT industry. The aspirant should be very sound technically and should have very good communication skills. You can apply for the following companies with 64% marks in B.Tech;
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?