17th February 2015, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Computer Science Engineering or Information Technology, which is better to study in B.Tech?

hello sir
please tell me that Information
and Technology in B.Tech is good course for me?
or I do Computer Science Engineering in B.Tech?
please let me know as soon as possible
thank you in advance

18th February 2015, 07:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Computer Science Engineering or Information Technology, which is better to study in B.Tech?

Both Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology courses are related to each other in software field. You can opt for any course in which you are interested. But, I suggest you to opt for Computer Science Engineering branch because, the Information Technology course has no demand and job opportunities at present. So, it is best to opt for Computer Science Engineering branch in your B.Tech course for pursuing higher studies and for getting more job opportunities.
19th February 2015, 12:21 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Computer Science Engineering or Information Technology, which is better to study in B.Tech?

I strongly suggest you to choose Computer Science Engineering Stream in B.Tech. Because Computer Science is mother of all computational disciplines that we have. Those computational disciplines are,
* Information Technology
* ICT (Information and Communications Technology)
* Software Engineering
* Information Science
* Computer Engineering
The main difference between Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology is in the subjects they offer. To say honestly, both these streams appears to be same or in other words it is like same wine in a different bottle. Many institutes (deemed universities/ reputed universities) offer B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering rather than B.Tech in Information Technology. In Computer Science Engineering, major aspects of Personal Computing, Microprocessors, Super Computer, Several softwares are covered. Whereas Information Technology deals with the application for computer science. Since Computer Science Engineering is the mother of Information Technology stream, you will be learning more subjects in Computer Science Engineering rather in Information Technology. So I suggest you to choose Computer Science Engineering (CSE) stream rather Information Technology (IT) in B.Tech.
19th February 2015, 08:33 PM
anair

This is a common confusion of many students who wish to pursue Engineering but are not sure which one of the 2 to go for. If you look at the syllabus of either of the 2, you will see there is lot in common though.

Computer Science Engineering deals with different aspects of computing. It deals with the working of microprocessors, computers, circuit designing, software designing.

Information Technology deals with design and working of softwares, transmitting and securely receiving data, designing complex networks and databases.
In short Computer Science Engineering deals with understanding the fundamentals of Computers while Information Technology deals with application of computer technology to organizations.
So both are good courses. It depends on where your interest lies.
19th February 2015, 09:58 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

There is no much difference between the computer science and Information Technology streams. In both streams, the course syllabus is almost similar. But, computer science is a core branch, whereas IT is a non-core branch. It means computer science students involve in programming and designing hardware whereas IT students involve maintaining and setting up computer systems. You can become good programmer, even if you choose any of these two branches.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?