12th February 2015, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about B.E./B.Tech course for 12th student?

Hello everyone
I want to do B.tech but i have no idea for this,
so please give me full details about BE and B.Tech?
I am studying in 12th standard and applied for JEE Main already

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about month training at BHEL?
  2. Detailed information about Olympiads and other competitive exams for 12th student?
  3. Can I do CA while doing B.Com? I am a 12th student from commerce stream
  4. Detailed information about B.E./B.Tech course for 12th student? -- [New]
  5. Detailed information and fee for Diploma in Accountancy for 12th Science student?
  6. Can I join BCA on the basis of Diploma only?
  7. Detailed information about scholarship for 12th passed student of Nepal?
  8. Sathyabama University B.E/B.Tech-IInd Semester Applied Physics-II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Detailed information about PCS? I am a MSc student and have completed M.Ed
  10. Sathyabama University B.E/B.Tech-Ist Semester Applied Chemistry-I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Various B.Com colleges for admission and their detailed procedure? Can I get admission with 58% in 12th?
  12. Important subjects in 11th and 12th for a career in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Detailed information and percentage required in 12th ISC for JEE Advanced?
  14. Sathyabhama University B.E/B.Tech-IInd Semester Engineering Mathematics-II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Sathyabhama University B.E/B.Tech-1st Semester Applied Physics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Sathyabama University B.E/B.Tech-IIIrd Semester Engineering Mathematics-III(6C0032) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. Is it beneficial to appear in SAT for studying in Abroad? Detailed information about SAT?
  18. Detailed information about CLAT for Commerce student?
13th February 2015, 02:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about B.E./B.Tech course for 12th student?

Soon after completion of 12th class, you are required to give an entrance examination which allows you to get admission in Engineering colleges/ universities. The best entrance examination I suggest you is Joint Entrance Examination, again it consists of JEE Main and JEE advanced. After qualifying JEE Mains Examination, if you managed to be within 1,50,000 rank, you will be eligible to give JEE Advanced examination. Again it consists of 2 papers namely Paper 1 and Paper 2, where paper 1 is for admission into B.E/B.Tech courses and paper 2 is for B.Plan and B.Arch course. So there you are required to choose Paper 1, since you are willing to pursue B.E/B.Tech course. You will be admitted in a good Engineering college based on rank you secure in JEE Examination.
13th February 2015, 09:53 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology. The duration of B.Tech course is four years. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Tech course. To get admission in B.Tech course, you need to appear in Engineering entrance examinations like JEE Main, EAMCET, K-CET, BITSAT, VIT EEE, SRM EEE, etc. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in first year of four years B.Tech course.
13th February 2015, 10:01 PM
coolshaaz

B.E and B.Tech are graduation course that offers students an opportunity to pursue a Career in Engineering.
Duration of both of these course is 4 years. There are 8 semesters with two each year.

B.E: This Course concentrates more on the theoretical knowledge and less on practical knowledge. This course applies to develop innovative equipment and useful technical gadgets in Science and Technology.

B.Tech: This Course concentrates more on the Practical knowledge. It is a practical oriented program. This course applies the principles of engineering and technology.
This is done by the application of the latest technology available.

There are various Stream/Departments under B.E/B.Tech, like

1. Mechanical Engineering

2. Electrical Engineering

3. Civil Engineering

4. Electronics Engineering

5. Electrical and Electronics Engineering

6. Computer Science Engineering

7. Information Technology

8. Automobiles Engineering

9. Aeronautics Engineering

10. Marine Engineering, etc.

Eligibility to Purse B.E/ B.Tech Course:

1. Candidates should have passed the 12th examination from any recognized University with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.

2. Candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.

3. Candidates have to appear for Entrance Exam for admission to the B.E/ B.Tech course.

4. Admission will be on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the Entrance Exam.

5. Admissions will be made purely on merit.
13th February 2015, 10:22 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Full details regarding B.E. and B.Tech courses are mentioned below;

Both B.E and B.Tech are graduate level programs that offer students an opportunity to pursue a career in Engineering.

Both the courses have a duration of 4 years.

They have 8 semesters consisting of 2 semesters each year.

B.E(Bachelor of Engineering):

1. The minimum qualification needed by one to opt for this program is a pass in class 10+2.

2. They will then have to attend for the national or state level entrance exam as to get admittance into any college that offers this course.

3. The B.E. program concentrates more on the theoretical knowledge that is applied to develop innovative equipments and useful technical gadgets in Science and Technology.

B.Tech(Bachelor of Technology):

1. The Bachelor of Technology is a graduate level program that is offered by the majority of universities all over the world

2. To join this course, aspirants must attend the state level or national level Engineering Entrance Exam. They will be given admittance on the basis of their scores obtained in the admission test.

3. The B Tech course is more of a practical oriented program. This means that this course applies the principles of engineering and technology to modify structures and thereby enhance their quality

Key Difference between BE and B.Tech:

1. The course materials as well as orientation of these programs are quite dissimilar.

2. While BE is data orientated, B.Tech is skill orientated. BE is more of a study based on theory and B.Tech is more of application engineering.
13th February 2015, 11:58 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue B.E./B.Tech courses after the completion of your 12th standard. To get admission in these courses, you have to qualify the National or state entrance exams, which will be conducted in your state. If you can qualify those exams, depending upon your rank, you will get admission in some specific college. And you can pursue any engineering in which you are interested. Most of the students like to join in any of the following B.E./B.Tech courses.

->Civil Engineering
->Computer Science and Engineering
->Electrical Engineering
->Electronics and Communication Engineering
->Mechanical Engineering
->Information Technology

State-Wise Engineering Entrance exams:-
Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET)
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE)
Chandigarh Common Entrance Test (CET)
Delhi University Combined Entrance Examination (DUCEE)
Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET)
Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET)
Haryana Common Engineering Entrance Test (CEET)
Himachal Pradesh Combined Pre-Entrance Test (CPET)
Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE)
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (CET)
Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical (KEAM) Entrance Examination
Madhya Pradesh Pre Engineering Test (PET)
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)
North East State Engineering Entrance (NERIST)
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)
Puducherry Joint Entrance Test (PJET)
Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test (PTU CET)
Rajasthan Pre Entrance Test (RPET)
Sikkim Engineering Entrance Examination
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA)
Tripura Joint Entrance Examination (TJEE)
Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE)
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE)
10th May 2015, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

I AM INTERESTED IN MEDICINE . MY MARK IS 987. I COULD NOT BE PLACED IN MERIT. IF I CHOOSE BIO- MEDICINE IN B.TECH WILL I GET A CHANCE TO WORK ABROAD? PLEASE GIVE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CAREER AFTER STUDYING BIO-MEDICINE.
22nd December 2015, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

after passing 12th. class with percent more than 85 then i want to do BE then how much competitive exams and vacancies are there
9th March 2016, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

After passing diploma in mech.eng. .I want to do B.E but no idea about it help me
30th May 2016, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

I got 17000 rank in engineering So which best college in Bangalore I can get
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?