18th February 2023, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Is an Electrical Engineer is applicable for aeronautical Engineer Electronics position in AFCAT?

According to AFCAT ,The field in AFCAT for Aeronautical Engineer are two ; 1) First one is Aeronautical Engineer Electronics, 2) Second one is Aeronautical Engineer Mechanics.

Does this mean that the Electrical Engineer Students are not Elligible for Aeronautical Engineer Position in AFCAT ?

Please Its a Huge request from my side,I am expecting a Feedback(Answer) to my Question.

20th May 2023, 03:29 AM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Is an Electrical Engineer is applicable for aeronautical Engineer Electronics position in AFCAT?

Yes, electrical engineers are eligible to apply for the Aeronautical Engineer Electronics position in AFCAT. The eligibility criteria for the position are as follows:

• Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks.
  • Valid GATE score.
  • Age limit: 20-24 years.
Electrical engineers have the required knowledge and skills to be successful in this position. They are trained in the design, development, and testing of electrical systems, which are essential for the operation of aircraft. They are also familiar with the latest technologies in the field of electrical engineering, which can be used to improve the performance and safety of aircraft.
If you are an electrical engineer and are interested in applying for the Aeronautical Engineer Electronics position in AFCAT, I would encourage you to do so. You have the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in this position, and you could make a significant contribution to the Indian Air Force.
26th May 2023, 12:51 PM
Ar_pit

Default Re: Is an Electrical Engineer is applicable for aeronautical Engineer Electronics position in AFCAT?

Yes. You can apply for AFCAT in your seventh semester of Electrical Engineering Course.

A candidate should have a minimum educational qualification of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in the relevant discipline.

For the Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) position, a degree in Electronics Engineering or a related field is typically required.

Candidates should be between 20 to 26 years of age at the time of commencement of the course.

Candidates must meet the prescribed physical fitness standards set by the Indian Air Force.

Candidates must be Indian citizens.
30th May 2023, 09:47 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible for the requisite exam.

In electrical engineering you study a significant portion of electronics as well and vice versa.

Therefore, it makes you eligible for the same.

Further, there will be a question paper separately from the relevant discipline i.e. Engineering Knowledge Test aka EKT. To get through the examination, you will have to clear that test as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?