4th November 2021, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

How to join MBBS course after B.Sc Nursing and duration of MBBS course?

Now I am in 4th year B.Sc Nursing and after the completion of my course. How can I join the MBBS course and how much duration to complete this course? Waiting for your reply. Thanks

5th November 2021, 12:49 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join MBBS course after B.Sc Nursing and duration of MBBS course?

To pursue MBBS course, you have to appear and qualify in NTA NEET.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main paper. So, you can join the course after qualifying in it.

There is no lateral entry in the course and the course duration will be five year and six months ( including internship ).
5th November 2021, 07:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join MBBS course after B.Sc Nursing and duration of MBBS course?

The very first thing I would like to let you know is that MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and the minimum education required for pursuing the same degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate (or 40% marks in aggregate in case of candidates from reserved category) in PCB combination from a recognized board of education.

So, even being a student of fourth year of B.Sc. in Nursing degree course, you are eligible for pursuing MBBS degree course if you hold the minimum qualification required for pursuing the same degree course which is mentioned above. Also the duration of MBBS course is 5.5 years (including an year of internship) for all candidates irrespective of their highest educational qualification as there is nothing like lateral entry to MBBS course for any degree holders.

Further, to pursue MBBS degree course from any medical college across India, you will be required to qualify NEET UG and for details regarding the same , you can simply refer to the official website of NEET UG i.e; www.ntaneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?