7th July 2023, 05:20 AM
Unregistered

I got 49% marks in intermediate can i apply for Bachelors in Fashion Design??

I got 49% marks in intermediate can i apply for Bachelors in Fashion Design??

12th July 2023, 10:42 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I got 49% marks in intermediate can i apply for Bachelors in Fashion Design??

The eligibility to apply for the entrance examination conducted for admission in B.F.Des is that candidate must have passed minimum std 12th qualification from a recognised board with ar least 50% aggregate and relaxation for the reserved category in minimum required aggregate.

So, if you are not from reserved category then not eligible to apply for the entrance examination to get admission in B.Des course.
13th July 2023, 04:43 PM
Aradrika Sharma

Default Re: I got 49% marks in intermediate can i apply for Bachelors in Fashion Design??

The eligibility criteria for admission into Bachelor of Fashion Designing course will differ from institute to institute. The general eligibility criteria for the top colleges are as follows :

Passed class 10+2 or equivalent with an aggregate of at least 50% marks from a recognized board.

Admission to the Bachelor in Fashion Designing program will be based on the candidate performance in the entrance test like : AIEED, CEED, DAT, NIFT entrance exam, IIAD entrance exam.

Since you have scored 49% in 10+2 it is difficult for you to get admission in top college for this course. But, yes you can try in the institute which give admission directly to this course. Some of the institute which accept 49% score are :

- JD Institute of Fashion Designing
- Sriram Institute
- IILM University
- Edu Brain Academy School
14th July 2023, 05:03 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for Bachelor's in Fashion Design course:

The minimum basic eligibility criteria required to apply for Bachelor's in Fashion Design course is given below:

Name of the Course- Bachelor's In Fashion Design

@ In order to be eligible for Bachelor's in Fashion Design course, candidiates must have completed 12th class or Intermediate course with minimum 50% Mark's.

@ Some of the colleges require just 45% Mark's for course. Hence I suggest you to just go with the concerned college in which you would like to study.

@ Also you are required to appear in the entrance Examination conducted by the concerned college.
14th July 2023, 05:20 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Most colleges and universities require a minimum of 50% marks for admission to this course.

Some colleges that you can consider applying to with 49% marks in Intermediate:

National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
Pearl Academy
Istituto Marangoni
Sophia College
SNDT Women's University

These colleges all have different admission requirements, so you will need to check their websites carefully to see if you are eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?