28th June 2021, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

MA in Psychiatric can be done after BSc Nursing?

I have done my bsc nursing last year and i want to do further studies after my bsc so i am doing plan for MA in psychiatric so please give kind information that can I do it?

29th June 2021, 01:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MA in Psychiatric can be done after BSc Nursing?

--- You can pursue MSc Psychiatric Nursing. Master of Science in psychiatric nursing is an advanced level Master's degree course which focuses on care of mentally unstable patients.
The two year long course concentrates more on critical practical situations more than the normal theoretical knowledge.
The candidates who have completed Bachelor of Science in nursing eligible for this course provided they have scored above 55% aggregate marks in graduation. The candidates must also be medically fit to be eligible for this course.
The admission to this course is mostly granted on the basis of entrance exam.
29th June 2021, 04:33 PM
Oneplus8T
Senior Member+

Yes you can study, because the basic degree is of any discipline for MSc psychology. Presently you can get admission in Dr.BRA Op. university, Hyderabad.
29th June 2021, 07:28 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° After B.Sc. Nursing, you can pursue MSc in psychiatric nursing. MSc psychotic nursing is an advanced level master degree course which focuses on care of mentally unstable patients.

Duration of the course is 2 years.

The aspirants who have completed BSc in nursing eligible for this course provided they have scored above 55% aggregate marks in the graduation and the candidates must also be medically fit to be eligible for this course.

°°° After completing this course the candidates will get jobs as Matron, nursing manager, senior nurses and many other important positions.
30th June 2021, 04:03 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

One cannot become a psychiatric only through a BSc course.
After BSc, one has to go to medical school/ college to do MBBS and then do post graduation/residency in psychiatry to become a psychiatrist.
30th June 2021, 05:44 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

You can do an MA in Psychology or MSc in Psychiatric after doing a BSc in Nursing. I am giving you the educational qualification requirement.

MA in Psychology - The basic requirement for this course is a candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. Admission selection in some colleges can be through an entrance test or merit in the qualifying examination. The minimum score may also vary from college to college which you can check before applying.

MSc in Psychiatric - The basic requirement for this course is a candidate must have passed BSc in Nursing with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. Admission selection in some colleges can be through an entrance test or merit in the qualifying examination. The minimum score may also vary from college to college which you can check before applying.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?