13th November 2016, 04:12 PM
More sanjana

Is it necessary to pursue B.Com to become a CA?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th now and after completing 12th I want to prepare for CA course. I want to know is it necessary to pursue B.Com to become a CA? Can I pursue CA course without pursuing B.Com? Please answer as soon as possible.

14th November 2016, 08:44 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to pursue B.Com to become a CA?

No, Bachelor of Commerce is not necessary to pursue Chartered Accountancy course. The first stage of this course is Common Proficiency Test which requires minimum academic qualification as 10+2 from a recognized board. You can apply for CPT and clear it to enter to Chartered Accountancy course.

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in commerce with 55% marks or more are eligible to directly apply for Integrated Professional Competence Course which is second stage of Chartered Accountancy course.
14th November 2016, 09:15 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for Chartered Accountant. For this course candidate must have passed Senior Secondary Examination from a recognized board. As per my knowledge, it is not necessary to pursue B.Com to become a CA because you are eligible for Chartered Accountant course on the basis of your 12th class.
14th November 2016, 11:41 AM
pruthvi12dba

Yes you can proceed to study CA course without pursuing B.Com course.It is not necessary.

* After completion of 10+2 you are eligible to do CPT course.

And i will share what are the sessions to be completed to do CA course.

1 . Common Proficiency Test
2 . Integrated Professional Competence Course
3 . Three years Article ship / Training under a Practicing Chartered accountant
4 . CA Final

First register and appear for the CPT exam.

* You need to wait at least 60 days after cpt registration. After that you are eligible to appear the June/December exams if you registered before 1st April or 1st October.
14th November 2016, 02:57 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, you need not get admission in B.Com course in order to opt for CA in future, you can opt for CA course after completion of your 12th standard also.

However, if you opt for CA after completion of your B.Com having scored 55% in aggregate, you will be exempted from CPT examination.
14th November 2016, 05:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CA refers to Chartered Accountancy and it is a course which is divided into three stages which includes (i) Common Proficiency Test (ii) Integrated Professional Competence Test and (iii) Final stage.

Being a Class 12th passed candidate you are eligible for CA course and you do not need to be graduate for the same. But in this case you will have to qualify all the three stages mentioned above for successful completion of your CA course.

But if you complete your graduation with at least 60% marks ( 55% in case of B.Com degree ) then you will have the option of skipping the first stage of CA course i.e; CPT. So you can choose the option you suits you the best.
14th November 2016, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Yes you can pursue CA without B.com . But with B.com you would have professional degree as well as graduation and gaining more knowledge. Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?