25th August 2015, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to complete graduation in Arts in one year and apply for Civil service exam?

Can I complete graduation in Arts giving exams of three semistrs at once to prepare civil service? my age limit is near to expire
Hrusikesh Munda
vill/chhatabar
po/maltigunderpur
dist/sambalpur
st/Odissa

26th August 2015, 02:30 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to complete graduation in Arts in one year and apply for Civil service exam?

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, and how many years of gap is there, if you fulfill the above, you will be eligible for the CSE.
26th August 2015, 06:07 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to complete graduation in Arts in one year and apply for Civil service exam?

No, it is not possible to complete graduation in Arts in one year and apply for Civil Service Exam.
Candidate have to complete graduation degree of atleast 3 years to apply for Civil Service Exam.

Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years to apply for Civil Service Exams.
Relaxation in age is as follows :
3 years for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates
10 years to Physically Handicapped candidates.
26th August 2015, 06:21 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to complete the graduation in one year or complete the three semester once from any recognised university.

Since the minimum duration of graduation is three years. So you need at least three year to complete the degree after the 10+2.

So you cannot also appear for the Civil Services examination if your age is above 30 years but there are few relaxation in the age for the reserved category candidates on the upper age limit.
26th August 2015, 10:46 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The graduation course cannot be completed in one year.

A regular graduation course takes a minimum of 3 years from a recognized and approved institute.

Even if you have taken a one year graduation programme, it is not valid for civil service examination.

To apply for Civil service examination one must successfully completed his/ her graduation course from a recognized university.
26th August 2015, 11:21 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No, it is not possible to complete graduation course in one year. You are ineligible to apply for Civil Service Examination. To apply for Civil service Examination, you should have completed graduate degree (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination. Age relaxation are applicable for reserved categories.
26th August 2015, 11:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Graduation is a 3 years course and you can't complete it in just one year. If any institute is offering such a course then you should not go form it.

Complete your degree from a UGC recognized university and then you will be eligible for civil services exam.
27th August 2015, 01:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I complete graduation in Arts giving exams of three semistrs at once to prepare civil service? my age limit is near to expire
Hrusikesh Munda
vill/chhatabar
po/maltigunderpur
dist/sambalpur
st/Odissa
Yes, after completion of B.A you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for Civil Service exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?