3rd January 2018, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue Software Engineering while in commerce?

Hi,
I am studying in FYBAF from Commerce side.
Can I take or am I eligible for taking
admission in Software Engineering course?
Please help me on this.

4th January 2018, 10:04 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue Software Engineering while in commerce?

No, you are not eligible to pursue Software Engineering course while pursuing FYBAF in Commerce stream. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing Software Engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognised board. Admissions in Software Engineering course are done through Engineering entrance examinations like JEE, EAMCET, etc.,. You have to appear and qualify the entrance examination and participate in the counselling process to get admission for pursuing Software Engineering course.
4th January 2018, 05:33 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that it is quite not possible for a candidate to do Software Engineering after completion of higher secondary education from commerce discipline. In order to be eligible for Software Engineering, you must have completed your 12th standard from Science discipline with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a compulsory subjects from a recognized university.
4th January 2018, 09:09 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, a Commerce background students cannot do engineering course.

If you are interested for computer course then you can join some PGDCA, DCA course after graduation.

You can go for MCA course which is master degree in computer.
4th January 2018, 10:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for pursuing software engineering you need to have completed your Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech )/Bachelor of engineering (B.E.) degree from a recognized university.

Further for pursuing B.Tech/B.E. degree course you need to have completed your Class 12th with Science with PCM group from a recognized board of education.

So from above facts it is evident that being a commerce stream student you are not eligible for pursuing software engineering course i.e; B.E./B.Tech in Computer Science or Information Technology.
5th January 2018, 07:13 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very sorry to say that you cannot pursue Software Engineering course while in Commerce field and studying BAF course.
In order to be eligible for Software Engineering course, candidates must have to complete their class 12th in science stream studying PCM as a subject combination from a recognized Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the B.Tech/B.E in Software Engineering course. After that candidates must have to qualify in the entrance examination conducted by the respective State council or National council, qualifying in which candidates can apply for the above mentioned course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?