14th August 2016, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Scope and career opportunities available in Botany field?

Hello Sir, I have completed my +2 (Science) with 90% marks and got allotment in Botany. Please tell me the scope and career opportunities available in this botany field.

15th August 2016, 09:35 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope and career opportunities available in Botany field?

You have lots of career options in public as well as in private sector. After completion of bachelor's degree in botany, you can join following government companies:

*Botanical Survey of India.

*National Institute of Oceanography.

*Indian Agricultural Research Assistant.

*Indian Council of forestry research and education

You can join these organization as technical assistant, field assistant, scientific assistant etc.
15th August 2016, 10:49 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

After completing your higher secondary exams with biology, chemistry and physics as the main subjects you have to go for bachelor's degree program. Minimum 55% to 60% mark is required.

Botany is a very nice field to choose, it has lots of courses to study which leads towards a bright future. Some of the specializations available for botany are:

> Cytology.

> Genetics.

> Palynology.

> Forestry.

> Agronomy.

> Bryology.

> Plant ecology.

> Psychology.

> Lichenology.

> Economic botany.

> Horticulture.

> Plant anatomy.

> Ethnobotany etc.

There are many career opportunities available after completing your course. You can become a part of any reputed organisation as a:

> Plant explorer.

> Conservationist.

> Ecologist.

> Biochemist.

> Taxonomist.

> Plant pathologist.

> Nursery manager.

> Farming consultant.

> Molecular biologist etc.
15th August 2016, 02:02 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I have completed my +2 (Science) with 90% marks and got allotment in Botany. Please tell me the scope and career opportunities available in this botany field.
The aspirant can choose B.Sc in Botany after 12th standard completion and can study further Master’s Degree also. There are various botany courses available like Palynology, Cytology, Genetics, Bryology, Forestry, Plant Anatomy, Plant Genetics, Agronomy, Plant Ecology, etc. There is huge scope of being a part of this industry because there is more amount of diversity in the field. The candidate can work as a Technician, Horticulturist, Plant Biochemist, Nursery Manager, Ecologist, Explorer, Environment Consultant, Taxonomist and Plant Pathologist. They can work in Chemical Industries, Forest Services, Food Companies, Oil Industry, National Parks, Educational Institutions, Seed and Nursery companies etc.
15th August 2016, 11:05 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

There are several opportunities for candidates who have completed Botany Degree in
India.

After Botany you apply in following areas for jobs:-

**Nurseries

**Chemical Companies

**Lumber or Paper Companies

**Food Companies

**Biological Supply Houses.

Government sector also provides a lot of employment openings for these aspirants. To get placed in any of the Government firm, candidates have to successfully go through various exams being organized by several Government boards including SSC, PSC and also UPSC.
17th August 2016, 10:23 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

There are lots of career opportunities available in the Botany field. They are as follows:-
You can enrol yourself as a :-

Nursing Manager
Biochemist
Farming Consultant
Plant Pathologist
Conservationist
Taxonomist
Ecologist etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?