9th October 2018, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Should I opt for Journalism after completing BTech? Scope of Journalism?

Sir/Madam, I am currently pursuing BTech course. But I have an interest in Journalism. After completing my BTech I will do Journalism course. Kindly tell me, there is any scope in this course? And also suggest me that should I move to this course?

12th October 2018, 08:47 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt for Journalism after completing BTech? Scope of Journalism?

Yes, you can study journalism course after B.Tech.

After completing B.Tech course you can study Diploma in Journalism or BA in Journalism.

BA (Bachelor of Arts) in journalism is a graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 3 years.

The scope of journalism is high and increasing day by day. If you are interested in journalism you can choose BA journalism or you can study Diploma in journalism.

The salary given for the journalism degree is low when compared to the software field but if you are really interested in journalism then you can opt and as you get experience you can get more salaries in journalism.
12th October 2018, 10:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt for Journalism after completing BTech? Scope of Journalism?

Journalism is for those people, who are willing to accept challenges. It is not an easy profession by any mean. You have to be creative as well as a good learner to make a good career.

Any graduates can enter this field, but you must have excellent communication skills and should be ready for a challenging job.
13th October 2018, 06:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

PG diploma in journalism is one year full time postgraduate diploma course in January exam and eligibility for which is bachelor's degree in journalism with 50% off marks from a recognised University.
As you have completed your Bachelor's degree in Engineering hence you are not eligible to join this course so I would like to suggest you to continue in the same field in which you have done your Bachelor's Degree.
13th October 2018, 08:59 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become journalism after completing BTech course .

You can study Masters in journalism. That only requires you to complete bachelors in any stream.

Other thing is it is not necessary to have a journalism degree to become a journalist. You just need strong writing skills.

Engineering students can do good in technology journalism.

You can do freelance journalism and earn well.
13th October 2018, 10:40 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you should opt for journalism after completing BTech degree:-

That only requires you to complete bachelors in any stream. It is not necessary to have a journalism degree to become a journalist . You just need strong writing skills .

Scope of journalism in India:-

Auditor
Cartoonist
Proof Reader
Feature Writer
Leader Writer
Critic
Presenters
Researcher
Reporter
Broadcast Reporters
Columnist
Photo Journalist.
16th October 2018, 05:15 PM
kohli183

Yes , you can study journalism after B.tech

You have two choice one is regular course and another one is distance(open) course

BA - Journalism : it is a three years courses and also diploma in journalism available

all most all universities offering above course ...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?