31st March 2015, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

What is the Graduation percentage criteria for applying CSAT exam from UPSC?

There be any % criteria of graduation for the b tech student if he wants to appear in this test? Plz also give the idea of new ordered for cast from upsc? I want to give the exam but am not sure if I am eligible or not. So, based on your answer I would be able to take a call to proceed further. Kindly reply me soon.

Thank you.

31st March 2015, 10:32 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the Graduation percentage criteria for applying CSAT exam from UPSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There be any % criteria of graduation for the b tech student if he wants to appear in this test? Plz also give the idea of new ordered for cast from upsc? I want to give the exam but am not sure if I am eligible or not. So, based on your answer I would be able to take a call to proceed further. Kindly reply me soon.

Thank you.
CSAT i.e Civil Service Aptitude Test is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The new pattern to be called CSAT, will be replace the existing the preliminary examination. CSAT was introduced the year of 2011. To apply for this examination, you should have completed degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No percentage is there to apply. Your age should be between 21 years to 32 years. Relaxation is applicable for reserved categories. Three years relaxation is applicable for OBC candidates and five year relaxation is applicable for SC/ST candidates.

The CSAT exam consist of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each and two hours duration of each.

Paper - I :

-> Current events of national and international importance

-> History of India and Indian National Movement

-> Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.

-> Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.

-> Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.

-> General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization

-> General Science

Paper - II :

-> Comprehension

-> Interpersonal skills including communication skills;

-> Logical reasoning and analytical ability

-> Decision making and problem solving

-> General mental ability

-> Basic numeracy , Data interpretation

-> English Language Comprehension skills

As per your Educational qualifications, you are definitely eligible to apply for this examination. Even those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply.
1st April 2015, 12:45 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the Graduation percentage criteria for applying CSAT exam from UPSC?

There is No requirement of percentage criteria for the CSAT Examination.Any candidate who has completed the graduation with any stream are eligible to apply for Civil service Examination. More over you should applicable for the Age criteria as well.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Selection process will be based on the below stages.

1.Prelims

2.Mains

3.Interview

Prelims is only the qualifying nature and you need to score in mains for get a good rank.In fact In mains you will have a7 Optional subjects including with two qualifying papers. Interview is for 275 marks and Total you will have a marks for 2025 marks.
1st April 2015, 08:19 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Eligibility conditions to apply for UPSC Civil Service Examination :

A degree in any subject/stream/discipline is required from a recognized university.

Candidates pursuing final year of their graduation or awaiting for final exams result are also eligible to apply for UPSC IAS examination.

There is no fix percentage criteria is necessary to have therefore just passing is enough to apply and you are eligible.

Age of the applicant should be minimum 21 years and not more than 32 years.

Selection procedure of UPSC IAS examination :

Preliminary Examination : Two papers are conducted in this stage which are General Studies - 200 marks and CSAT - 200 marks and qualifying in prelims is mandatory to be eligible for Mains Examination :

Mains Examination : 9 papers are conducted in this section which are following :

Paper A - Based on language selected by the candidate - 300 marks

Paper B - Based on English Language and Comprehension - 300 marks

Paper I - Essay Writing - 250 marks

Paper II - General Studies I - 250 marks

Paper III - General Studies II - 250 marks

Paper IV - General Studies III - 250 marks

Paper V - General Studies IV - 250 marks

Paper VI - Optional Subject Paper I - 250 marks

Paper VII - Optional Subject Paper II - 250 marks

Sub Total of written test - 1750 marks

Personality Test/ Interview Process - 275 marks

Grand Total - 2075 marks

State III is Interview Process because after qualifying mains examination, every candidate is required to appear for interview which is the most important and last stage of selection and marks of prelims exam are not added into final selection.

For more details, you can visit at official website of UPSC.
1st April 2015, 10:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for Civil Service exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150

Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations
by M. Laxmikanth
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited
Price: Rs. 410

Modern Indian History
by Tarique Mohammad
Price: Rs. 250

Objective General Studies For UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination
by A. R. Khan
Price: Rs. 180

Basic Numeracy
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSC Portal
Price: Rs. 240

UPSC Portal: General Mental Ability Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability
by Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal Publications
Price: Rs. 230

Name of Examination: Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2015

Date of Notification: 16th May 2015
Last date for receipt of applications: 12th June 2015 Date of
Commencement of Exam: 23rd August 2015

For more details about Civil Service exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
2nd April 2015, 12:08 PM
kunalroy89

There is no percentage criteria for CSAT.You just need to be a graduate or in the final year of graduation to be eligible for CSAT. The age limit is 21-30 years.
You can check for previous year questions and previous years notifications on the website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in
3rd April 2015, 12:30 PM
amanshrivastava98

According to the notification released by the UPSC there is no such minimum percentage criteria in the graduation.

The eligibility criteria for writing the UPSC examination is as follows.\ :

* The candidate should be a graduate from any recognized university under the scheme of minimum 10+2+3

* The candidate should be 21 to 32 for a general candidate.
5th April 2015, 06:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The major eligibility criteria for CSAT conducted by UPSC is :--

Candidates in the final year of graduation or even passed candidates from recognized university with any of the discipline are eligible.

The age of candidates must be 21-30 years for the general category students and relaxation in age for reserved category candidates.

The examination is conducted in three parts :-
Preliminary .
Mains .
Interview .

The candidates have to qualify in each of them to become eligible for next .

The notification or application for this year examination will be released in the month of June and the examination of Preliminary paper is on 23rd August 2015 . The Mains paper is in the December.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?