5th May 2014, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Summer internship for 1st year undergraduate (electrical engineering)?

I am a first year student of IIT Patna in electrical engineering stream.I am in search of an internship during this summer.

Is it advisable for me to go to an intern .. If yes, Which companies I can contact?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do summer internship in Bangalore? I am a 3rd year undergraduate in Mechanical engineering
  2. How to do summer internship if I am a student of 3rd year electrical engineering?
  3. List of companies a B.Tech(Electricial engineer) 2nd year student can apply for summer internship program?
  4. Where can I apply for summer internship for 1-2 months? I am a 3rd year B.Tech undergraduate
  5. Summer internship for B.Tech Electrical from IIT K?
  6. Best suitable companies for internship during summer vacation for B.Tech Chemical Engineering 2nd year undergraduate?
  7. Where should I opt for summer internship while in 1st year IT?
  8. Companies which give summer internship? How to apply for them?
  9. List of some foreign companies for internship? I'm in final year student of Electrical engineering from DAV institute?
  10. Companies offering summer internship to 1st year civil engineering students?
  11. What is the procedure for summer internship in BHEL? I am a 3rd semester student of B.Tech electrical engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to do Summer Internship in NTPC being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech course in Electrical Engineering? Required procedure for this?
  13. Companies for Internship course for Electrical engineering after 1st year?
  14. How to do summer internship for 3 months? I am a 3 years UG student of RGUKT
  15. Internship opportunities for students of IIT Electrical Engineering 2nd year students in core company in Hyderabad?
  16. Any summer internship program available in ISRO? Can B.Tech Electrical Engineering students apply for it?
  17. Qualification, duration and location of internship providing companies in Civil department?
  18. How to do summer internship program in India? I am doing 1st year MSc Environmental Science
11th May 2014, 12:38 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Summer internship for 1st year undergraduate (electrical engineering)?

It is hard for you to get internship right after your first year of engineering. This is because you have almost negligible idea about your branch of engineering and most of the internships are stream or field specific which requires certain educational qualifications. Since you do not have the minimal requirement even though you are talented and having the tag of IIT, you cannot go for internship now.

You should look for vocational training especially in the PSUs where you can actually get idea of the real world implementation of the various theories which you are going to learn. It will give you a good professional experience and enhance your knowledge. In future, you can relate the concepts which you are going to learn with the experience in your training.
11th May 2014, 10:01 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Summer internship for 1st year undergraduate (electrical engineering)?

Ofcourse you can do internship during this summer starting in the first year only. It is well understood from your desire and interest and the college you are studying that you already are a bright student. You just have to brush up your talents etc. It is all allowed as far as you want to gain knowledge via your training you can always take the internship in the first year too and in the subsequent years too.

IIT is a great institution. There you need not have to approach the companies. The institute itself can just intimate the companies that so and so student of this institute is going to your company for internship with this much information only if you go and attend the interview you will be allowed for the internship as far as till date records are concerned.

You have to go and ask you dean of the institution if he will give you the letter and along with that the permission to continue internship. although it may be difficult for him to allow you in the first year itself but still you can try. you will definitely get success. all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?