14th July 2019, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study PhD in English being an MA(Education) student?

I am student of MA with Education as a specialization. I want to do PhD now after my Post Graduation. So, as I am an Education student and not English student, I am eligible to do PhD in English or not as I have Education in my MA also?

17th July 2019, 12:43 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in English being an MA(Education) student?

Yes, you are eligible to study PhD in English being an MA(Education) student. Candidates who have obtained a Master’s Degree in English or in any other humanities background with English Medium with minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PH candidates) from any recognized university are eligible for PhD in English. Candidates can pursue this course full time or part time.
Duration of this program is 3 - 5 years.
17th July 2019, 12:57 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in English being an MA(Education) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am student of MA with Education as a specialization. I want to do PhD now after my Post Graduation. So, as I am an Education student and not English student, I am eligible to do PhD in English or not as I have Education in my MA also?

Sorry, you are not eligible to pursue PhD in English after completion of the MA (Education) course. Those candidates who have passed a Master’s Degree in English with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade from a recognized university are eligible to pursue PhD in English at various colleges and universities in India. Eligible candidates have to appear and qualify the PhD Entrance Examination and Interview for the admission to pursue PhD in English. The above given is the common admission procedure followed in various colleges / universities for the admission to pursue PhD in English.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?