24th March 2019, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to do PhD(Sanskrit) for MA postgraduate?

Hi everyone, I want to do PhD(Sanskrit) course. As I have done MA in same specialization, so I think that this is a beneficial course for me. Am I right in this case? Should I do this course? Please suggest me. Waiting for your response!

27th March 2019, 08:14 PM
bokoma
Member+

Default Re: Is it beneficial to do PhD(Sanskrit) for MA postgraduate?

If you want career in academia then you have go for PhD degree. It enables the candidate to become professor in reputed universities of the country. Even the salaries at the professor level are very high and the requirement for PhD candidates is also very high. However even with MA postgraduate degree you can get into a job. At the end it depends on the candidates interest if he wants to do PhD which requires a dedicated time of three to four years. Some of the jobs where a Sanskrit scholar is required are as follows.
1. Manuscriptology
2. Sanskrit Linguist
3. Interpreters or Translators
4. Teaching
29th March 2019, 02:11 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to do PhD(Sanskrit) for MA postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I want to do PhD(Sanskrit) course. As I have done MA in same specialization, so I think that this is a beneficial course for me. Am I right in this case? Should I do this course? Please suggest me. Waiting for your response!

Yes, it is beneficial to do a PhD (Sanskrit) for MA postgraduate. Candidates after completion of the PhD (Sanskrit) program can find jobs in various colleges / universities. They can work as a Lecturer, Translator, Researcher, Editor, Home Tutor, Novelist & Writer, Assistant Professor, etc. They can work in Colleges & Universities, Coaching Centers, Cultural Event Offices, Government Departments, etc. One should choose the PhD (Sanskrit) based on his ability, skill and interest. The above given are some of the benefits of PhD (Sanskrit).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?