23rd January 2022, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Which is better M.E in Biotech from BITS Pilani or PhD (Biotech) from IIT Hyderabad?

I ve completed my b tech biotech. now in dilemma whether to join M.E. biotech in bits pilani or phd in iit hyderabad ? The fee is too heavy in bits, on the brighter side, iit is less, and offers stipends too. please guide me.

26th January 2022, 05:27 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better M.E in Biotech from BITS Pilani or PhD (Biotech) from IIT Hyderabad?

BIRS Pilani is an excellent institution with best teachers.
The placement is not that good , very less students got placed but not in core companies.
If you are planning to do biotech , then you must know that very less companies visit the campus for recruitment purpose.

And if you talk about IIT , then you must give preference to the older IITs and then give chance to newer ones.
While older IITs and BITS Pilani are well established.
IITs have been hailed as the premier engineering institutes.
Thus now the choice is your what you want to choose between the two.
If you want to do PhD you must go for it otherwise you can take up the other option.
Whatever suits you the most.
26th January 2022, 06:55 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better M.E in Biotech from BITS Pilani or PhD (Biotech) from IIT Hyderabad?

BIRS Pilani is an excellent institution with best teachers.
The placement is not that good , very less students got placed but not in core companies.
If you are planning to do biotech , then you must know that very less companies visit the campus for recruitment purpose.

And if you talk about IIT , then you must give preference to the older IITs and then give chance to newer ones.
While older IITs and BITS Pilani are well established.
IITs have been hailed as the premier engineering institutes.
Thus now the choice is your what you want to choose between the two.
If you want to do PhD you must go for it otherwise you can take up the other option.
Whatever suits you the most.
27th January 2022, 03:21 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To study PhD first you need to complete your master's degree in the relevant field from a recognized university. BITS Pilani and IIT Hyderabad both institutions have their own reputation and are good in various ways. Although BITS Pilani is a private institute and has earned its reputation as the top-notch private engineering institute in India. It has outperformed various IITs in terms of their performance, they only offer high-end education to its students and also help their students become capable of grabbing jobs with good salary packages.
28th January 2022, 04:50 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

I suggest you to do PhD Biotech from IIT Hyderabad,
Because IIT Hyderabad is on 8th rank whereas BITS Pilani is on 30th rank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?