13th August 2017, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Can a BCA and MCA appear in UGC NET exam in Mathematical Science or Applied Mathematics?

I have completed BCA and MCA from IGNOU, New Delhi. Now I want to appear in UGC NET exam in Mathematical Science or Applied Mathematics and also want to do PhD in Mathematical Science or Applied Mathematics. So can I do?

17th August 2017, 01:55 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a BCA and MCA appear in UGC NET exam in Mathematical Science or Applied Mathematics?

If you have studied Mathematics as a subject in your MCA course, then definitely you can apply for the NET examination in Mathematics, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same and to apply in the NET examination.
18th August 2017, 12:41 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a BCA and MCA appear in UGC NET exam in Mathematical Science or Applied Mathematics?

If you have studied Mathematical Science or Applied Mathematics at your masters degree level and also have scored a minimum aggregate marks of 55% in it then definitely you are eligible for PhD course in the respective subject and also you can appear in UGC-NET entrance examination.
A candidate, who have completed masters degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university, is eligible to do PhD in respective branch and can appear in UGC-NET test.
So, in order to get yourself admitted to PhD course in respective branch you need to appear and qualify in UGC-NET examination.
18th August 2017, 10:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

MCA is not a maths degree, hence you will not be eligible for the subject. You can only think of computer science or information technology subject.

The problem is, one must have a post graduate degree in the same subject according to the eligibility criteria.
26th August 2017, 11:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed BCA and MCA from IGNOU, New Delhi. Now I want to appear in UGC NET exam in Mathematical Science or Applied Mathematics and also want to do PhD in Mathematical Science or Applied Mathematics. So can I do?
You have completed MCA course so you are not eligible for UGC NET exam in Mathematical Science.

But you can apply for UGC NET exam in Computer Application but your masters degree marks must be above 55% from a recognized University.

There are no age criteria.

Mathematical Science is not under UGC NET exam. CSIR NET exam is conducted this exam for Mathematical, Chemical and Physical science departments.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?