27th November 2016, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Can CSIR cancel my JRF candidature if I mentioned OBC in examination form but they don't consider me OBC?

Sir, I have qualified CSIR NET exam as an OBC candidate but CSIR now pointed out that my caste does not belong to central list of caste so, I didn't fall under OBC category. The whole confusion was created by SRO 126 of J&K government under which I am entitled to resident of backward area but not OBC and surprisingly Tehsildar has mentioned in my certificate that I belong to OBC. There was no any reservation for OBC in CSIR exam and the cutoff was same for general and OBC category. kindly let me know will CSIR provide me certificate of NET-JRF or they can reject my candidature?

29th November 2016, 07:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can CSIR cancel my JRF candidature if I mentioned OBC in examination form but they don't consider me OBC?

If you are not considered as an OBC category candidate, then you will fall under general category. If you have qualified exam as a general category candidate too, then surely your candidature stands.

If you haven't clear as a general category candidate, then you will not considered qualified. Hence, just make sure that you have cleared the general cut off with qualifying marks or not.
30th November 2016, 05:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can CSIR cancel my JRF candidature if I mentioned OBC in examination form but they don't consider me OBC?

According to my knowledge, they will not cancel you candidature for the above mentioned issue. But they will generate your result as a general candidate as according to them you are a general candidate.
It will be better to contact CSIR and ask about the solution of the matter. They will definitely help in this case.
9th October 2018, 12:23 AM
Babasmd

Hi sir I am baba budan shaik from AP state. I belong to BC -E Shaik. I applied KVS examination for the post of tgt under OBC category. BC-E consider in under OBC?If I get Rank in UR category can I eligible for that post. Please clarify my doubts sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?