31st August 2019, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Professor with a PhD(Zoology) program of Mysore University?

Hello friends, I would like to know that if I do PhD(Zoology) from Mysore University then is it possible to become a Professor or not? Please let me know if I can become a Professor or not? Thank you!

5th September 2019, 12:26 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Professor with a PhD(Zoology) program of Mysore University?

Yes, you can become a lecturer or Assistant Professor and for that you should hold a PhD/Doctoral degree and has to pass the National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC-CSIR or State Level Eligibility Test (SET). To become a professor you must have an experience of around 8 years working as an Associate Professor, publish the research papers from the information generated. Writing review articles, book chapters and books makes the makes the person eligible for higher position.

You can supervise the research projects funded by funding agencies, preparation of reports and publication of the findings in the journals of international repute. Conferences, Symposium, workshops and training programs are also very important to get promoted as a professor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?