25th October 2014, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Phil or PhD in Clinical Psychology?

I [avithra. c have completed my msc in counselling psychology in the batch of 2011, & i wanted to know whether i can do mphil or phd in clinical psychology..

30th October 2014, 08:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Phil or PhD in Clinical Psychology?

Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D as you have the Master's degree. Just make sure that you have got 55% marks in your Master's degree from a recognized university. There is relaxation in marks for reserved category candidates. The admission in Ph.D course is mainly based on the entrance examination conducted by the university.

The candidates who have qualified exams like UGC NET are exempted from the entrance examination. Also, those who have a M.Phil qualification or a teaching fellowship are also exempted from entrance exam.

You can pursue Ph.D in Psychology from following colleges in India.

1. Kurukshetra University : Department of Psychology, Kurukshetra University : Faculty of Social sciences , Kurukshetra - 136119 (Haryana)

2. Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology- Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, NH-10, Rohtak Hissar Sirsa Road , Hisar - 125001 (Haryana)

3. PK Roy Memorial College, P.O: ISM (Indian School of Mines) , Dhanbad - 826001 (Jharkhand)
16th January 2017, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

I completed my MA clinical Psychology can I do Ph.D in Organigational Psychology
5th March 2021, 08:18 PM
Maahi14

Yes, you can do apply for M.Phil in Clinical psychology only if you have pursued Masters degree in the relevant subject. Otherwise you are not eligible to apply for the same.
5th March 2021, 08:25 PM
Maahi14

Yes, you can apply for either M.phil or Ph.D in clinical psychology. The eligibility criteria for both are similar i.e. to have Masters degree in relevant subject with 50% aggregate.
The course duration of M.Phil is 2 years whilst the course duration of Ph.D is around 5 years.
So on the basis of your interest in the relevant field, you can opt for any course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?