6th December 2018, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Can I get stipend to study PhD(Medieval & Modern History) in Jawaharlal Nehru University?

I want to study PhD in Jawaharlal Nehru University in the specialization of Medieval & Modern History. I would like to know that can I get stipend for this particular PhD in this university? I really don’t know about this so I need your help. Please help me to know about this. Thank you!

8th December 2018, 11:23 PM
Anwesha Banerjee15

Default Re: Can I get stipend to study PhD(Medieval & Modern History) in Jawaharlal Nehru University?

During the Ph.D course in JNU, you need to first appear for an entrance exam which will be followed by an interview. Selection of candidates is based on 70% marks from the exam and 30% from the interview.

If you have your own fellowship (UGC-JRF) then you need not appear for the entrance exam. They do pay a fellowship to the non-NET candidates, but the stipend amount depends on the research committee members and also on the available project funding.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?