14th December 2017, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Can I give NET/SET being a 38 years old man? Will I get any benefit?

Now I am 38, I have completed West Bengal high school (HS)and doing since last job 10 years. Now I want to get a seat in college service (NET/SET). Shall I get any service and economical profit? My recent salary is Rs.38000.

15th December 2017, 10:42 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I give NET/SET being a 38 years old man? Will I get any benefit?

NET is National Eligibility Test and SET is State Eligibility Test.

Qualification required for NET/SET:

Master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Percentage of marks in master's should not be less than 55%.

There is no upper age limit for lectureship.

But with just high school qualification, you can not apply for NET/SET exam.
15th December 2017, 04:14 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I give NET/SET being a 38 years old man? Will I get any benefit?

NET/SET refers to National Eligibility Test/State Eligibility test and same is held by concerned body for recruitment of lecturer is universities managed by Central government or concerned state government.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NET/SET being a higher secondary school degree holder then I would like to let you know that you are not eligible as for the same you are required to have completed your Master's degree with 55% marks ( or 50% marks in case of SC/ST/PH category candidates ) from a recognized university.

So right now you are not eligible for appearing in NET/SET through any prospective being just a Class 12th passed candidate.
15th December 2017, 05:06 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NET/SET stands for National Eligibility Test/State Eligibility Test. It is a post graduation level examination. The educational qualification required to apply for NET/SET examination is master's degree in any stream with minimum of 55% marks.

You can not apply for NET/SET exam with senior secondary passed as academic qualification. There is no upper age limit for lectureship.
15th December 2017, 05:32 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

You can not give National Eligibility Test because you do not meet required qualification for this entrance examination.

The qualification for this exam is master's degree and you are senior secondary passed only. To apply for the exam, post graduation is necessary. Age is not a constraint for exam.
15th December 2017, 05:41 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To know whether you are eligible for National Eligibility Test or State Eligibility, first look at the eligibility criteria for this examination:

1. Master's degree in any stream from any recognized university of India.

2. Your aggregate should not be less than 55%.

You have only completed High school which means you can not apply for NET/SET at any cost.
15th December 2017, 05:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NET/SET is only for post graduates with 55% marks. If you don't have a PG degree, then you won't be able to appear for it based on your high school qualification.

There is no upper age limit for NET/SET lectureship. Hence, age is not a concern if you have qualification and experience.
15th December 2017, 05:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very much happy to tell you that definitely you an apply for the NET/SET examination at the age of 38 years, there is no problem in it.
You must have completed your Masters degree course to be eligible for NET/SET examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NET/SET examination.
There is no age criteria required for the examination.
15th December 2017, 06:02 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NET examination. NET examination is conducted for recruitment of JRF or for assistant professor.

There is no age limit to appear in examination for assistant professor. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% relaxation for reserved category.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree and then master degree to appear in examination.
15th December 2017, 07:44 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

There is no age limit to appear in NET examination for lecturer post but the required educational qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

The minimum required aggregate to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55%.

For detail information about examination visit at www.cbsenet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?