27th January 2019, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue PhD(Botany) through CSIR-NET-JRF(Zoology)?

Hello everyone, I would like to know that if I give CSIR-NET-JRF with Zoology then I will be eligible to o PhD in Botany? I want to do PhD IN Botany but I am preparing for this CSIR NET with Zoology. Kindly tell me about this immediately.

3rd February 2019, 08:50 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue PhD(Botany) through CSIR-NET-JRF(Zoology)?

Yes, you can pursue PhD( Botany) through CSIR - NET - JRF Zoology:-

Minimum eligibility to apply for this exam in post graduation pass with minimum 55% marks for the candidates belonging to OBC and general category.

Minimum 50% marks for the candidates belonging to Sc / ST category.

For JRF maximum age to apply is 28 years.

OBC / SC / ST women candidates can apply till 33 years of age.
3rd February 2019, 10:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue PhD(Botany) through CSIR-NET-JRF(Zoology)?

For Ph.D in Botany you need to have M.Sc in Botany with 55% marks minimum. There is no chance of Ph.D in Botany, if you have a M.Sc degree in zoology and CSIR NET in the same subject.

Hence, you should make sure that you fulfill the basic criteria for admission in any research course. Zoology and Botany are totally different.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?