16th January 2019, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in Psychology being a BTech student?

Sir/Madam, I am studying BTech course. I am interested to study PhD program. However, I am interested to do PhD in Psychology. So, can I do PhD in this specialization as I am a BTech student? Please help me to know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

22nd January 2019, 11:47 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Psychology being a BTech student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam, I am studying BTech course. I am interested to study PhD program. However, I am interested to do PhD in Psychology. So, can I do PhD in this specialization as I am a BTech student? Please help me to know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

Sorry, it is not possible to study PhD in Psychology after completion of BTech course. Basic eligibility to study PhD Psychology is a post graduate degree in relevant subject or equivalent with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. Therefore, it is not possible to study PhD in Psychology after completion of engineering graduation. You can pursue a PhD in the engineering stream after completion of MTech program.
22nd January 2019, 03:14 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To pursue PhD in psychology you need to pass Master's / M.Phil with minimum 55% from recognised University. One need to sit for the entrance examination.
As you have completed your BTech hence, you need to pursue M.tech or Master's course in any other field then only you will be eligible to pursue PhD in Psychology.
22nd January 2019, 04:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't pursue Ph.D in Psychology, if you have a B.Tech degree, which is not at all related to the field. You need a minum of M.A degree in psychology with 55% marks to become eligible for it.

Engineering and psychology are not related and for doing a research level program, you need at least a PG level degree in the concerned subject.
22nd January 2019, 08:23 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed your Bachelor of Technology degree course hence still you are not eligible to pursue PhD in psychology because minimum qualification required to pursue PhD in psychology is a master's degree course or M Phil.

So, you have to pursue your Mtech or any other course in psychology as a post graduation.

After your post graduation you will have to qualify the entrance test to pursue PhD and that would be UGC NET.
23rd January 2019, 10:39 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study PhD in psychology:-

Candidate should have masters degree with the minimum of 50% aggregate marks in science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?