8th April 2023, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Does NET qualified also get JRF award letter?

I have taken provisional net certificate...as I was net qualified ...recently I got jrf letter ...does it mean I am jrf qalified too?

15th April 2023, 12:14 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does NET qualified also get JRF award letter?

Yes, NET qualified candidates can also get the JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) award letter.

NET (National Eligibility Test) is a qualifying exam for candidates seeking eligibility for Assistant Professor positions and for the award of JRF. Candidates who qualify the NET exam with the required cut-off marks are eligible for Assistant Professor positions, while those who qualify with a higher cut-off are eligible for JRF.

Candidates who qualify for the JRF are awarded a fellowship by the UGC (University Grants Commission) for a fixed period of time, during which they can pursue research in their chosen field. The JRF award letter is issued by the UGC to the selected candidates, which contains information about the fellowship amount, duration, and other terms and conditions.
15th April 2023, 10:12 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be issued a fresh e-certificate/JRF award letter every time you qualify the UGC-NET/JRF examination.

Further, these e-certificate/JRF award letter are now issued by NTA and same can be downloaded from the link https://ecertificate.nta.ac.in/candidateLogin.php by filling out the candidate's credentials.
15th April 2023, 11:17 PM
Msdhoni02

Yes, candidates who qualify for the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) can also be awarded the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) along with the NET qualification certificate.

NET is a qualifying examination for both JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professorship in Indian universities and colleges. Candidates who clear the NET exam are eligible for the award of JRF if they meet the age and other eligibility criteria specified by the UGC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?