4th January 2015, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in SET for a candidate who has secured 70% in MCM?

Hello
I have done MCM 2 years back.
I have got only 70% ,
can I appear for SET exam????
please let me know asap.....

5th January 2015, 02:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in SET for a candidate who has secured 70% in MCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I have done MCM 2 years back.
I have got only 70% ,
can I appear for SET exam????
please let me know asap.....
Yes, you are eligible for SET exam because you have completed MCM with above 70%.

You should apply in computer science department but you must fulfill below given criteria.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for SET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria for lectureship post.
5th January 2015, 10:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in SET for a candidate who has secured 70% in MCM?

You are definitely eligible for SET if you have completed MCM with 70% marks from a recognized University. The minimum percentage required for SET is 55% marks and you have got above it, therefore, no problem at all for you.

Hence, you can appear for SET and NET without worrying about anything. You must start preparing for SET as you have the required qualification.

If you qualify SET then you will be eligible for Government lecturer job in State Government Universities. SET score can also be used to get admission in a Ph.D program and also for Junior Research Fellowships.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?