24th January 2022, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to do distance PhD in English for 37 years old candidate who has done MA around 12 years ago?

Hello friends, I am now 37 years of age and being a Teacher in a High School. I have done my MA in English around 12 years ago. Now I want to do PhD in English in Distance mode. Kindly tell me about my eligibility.

25th January 2022, 09:40 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Eligibility to do distance PhD in English for 37 years old candidate who has done MA around 12 years ago?

Eligibility to do distance Ph.D. in English for 37 years old candidate who has done MA around 12 years ago?

Since there is no age limit to pursue a Ph.D. course in India.

You can pursue this course at any age. You must have completed a post-graduation from any university with a minimum of 50% from any university.

You might have to qualify an entrance test to get admission to this course.
26th January 2022, 04:25 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility to do distance PhD in English for 37 years old candidate who has done MA around 12 years ago?

Eligibility:-

Candidates must have completed their Master’s degree in English language with minimum 55% marks from a recognised University.

There may be a relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category students.

Candidates need to have valid marks in the entrance examination as required by the college or university.
26th January 2022, 10:46 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

For being eligible candidate must have completed masters degree in relevant subject from a recognised university or institute with atleast b 55% marks.

They must have qualified
M.phil
CSIR
NET
UGC
SET
CSIR UGC NET
Any of above , so they get exempted from entrance test conducted by the university.
They directly appear for an interview round.
There are various universities that offer PhD in distance mode
*Amity University
*IGNOU
*Nalanda Open University
*Dr BR Ambedkar Open University etc
30th January 2022, 01:20 AM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

First of all there is no age limit to do PhD . You can do anytime this course but you must have a post graduate degree.
31st January 2022, 07:22 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can do PhD anytime there is no age restriction for this course.

For PhD ,you must have a master's degree from a recognized university.
Duration of this course is 3 to 5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?