11th October 2021, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for PhD Admission in Indian Universities

Dear Sir, I am planning to do my PhD. in English. My issue is that I have scored only 48% in my Master Degree but I have 18 years of teaching credit in ELT. I belong to the OBC category.

Is it still possible for me to pursue my PhD. in any Indian Univerity?
If yes, can you give me details of enrollment?
I would like to do the course as part time and get full hand info about part time PhD.

Thank you

14th October 2021, 10:58 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility for PhD Admission in Indian Universities

1- The minimum requirement for entry to an Indian PhD is a Masters degree in a relevant subject, usually with an overall grade of at least 55% (or the equivalent). Candidates will also be expected to have the necessary language skills for their course.

2- Candidates should have a valid Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) score to pursue Ph.D in the field of engineering and technology. Also, candidates should have completed his/her degree in M.Tech/ M.E in any engineering branch in order to apply for Ph.D in engineering.

3- To be eligible for a Ph.D, there are many other Ph.D entrance tests in India that one can take.
14th October 2021, 01:59 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for PhD Admission in Indian Universities:-

The minimum requirement for entry to an Indian PhD is a Masters degree in a relevant subject, usually with an overall grade of at least 55% (or the equivalent). Candidates will also be expected to have the necessary language skills for their course.
14th October 2021, 11:59 PM
periwinkle09876

The minimum requirement for entry to an Indian PhD is a master's degree in a relevant subject usually with an overall grade of at least 55% or the equivalent and relaxation of 5% is provided to SC and ST students.
Candidates will also be expected to have the necessary language skills for their course.

The duration of PhD is 3 to 5 years.

In order to secure the admission in the PHD courses, it is mandatory to clear the top PHD entrance exam in India like UGC NET/CSIR UGC NET/JEST etc.
15th October 2021, 11:11 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° PhD is a doctorate degree that focuses on Academics and research.
The full form of PhD is doctor of philosophy and a PhD is a doctoral research degree with duration of 3 to 5 years.
PhD degree requirements is to have a master's degree or MPhil with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks and 50% for reserved category students.
PhD admission is done based on the scores obtained in entrance exams such as:

UGC NET

CSIR UGC NET

IIT JAM

GPAT

CUCET

VITMEE

RUET

Candidates that have work experience in the field of research are preferred highly and are given more preferences.
15th October 2021, 06:31 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria:-

> Master's degree holders are eligible for admission into the doctoral program. All the 4 sem subjects having a masters in Physiology is needed for a PHD. it must be noted by the candidates that in some Indian universities a for master program a specific percentage is required by the candidate to be eligible to apply for PHD.

> For admission into some reputable universities a candidate must qualify the all Indian examination like in National eligibility test for lecturer ship.

> Admission is offered on the basis of interview. Interview may be supplemented with a written exam if needed.

> candidates should have a valid GATE score to pursue PhD in the field of Engineering and technology.
15th October 2021, 08:23 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

For being eligible, candidate must have completed PG from a recognised university in relevant subject with atleast 55% marks.
Relaxation of 5% marks is provided to reserved category.
Those who have completed M.Phil.are also eligible.
In your case , it's not possible to get admission in PhD programme.
You can choose some other course for which you are interested.
15th October 2021, 08:46 PM
Msdhoni02

Eligibility for PhD Admission in Indian Universities is given below:-

The required minimum qualification for admission to a Ph. D Program shall normally be a two years Master's OR M. Phil Degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field. She/he must have obtained 55% marks.

Mentioned below are a few of the PhD entrance tests in India:
UGC NET.
UGC JRF.
SET/ SLET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?