1st October 2018, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility and qualification required to study PhD(Mathematics) in Jadavpur University?

Hello Sir, I would like to know about PhD course. What is all about this course. As I am now studying in MSc 1st year and I have got Mathematics honours so in future if I want to do PhD in Mathematics in Jadavpur University then can I eligible? What qualification is necessary for PhD course?

11th October 2018, 05:13 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and qualification required to study PhD(Mathematics) in Jadavpur University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I would like to know about PhD course. What is all about this course. As I am now studying in MSc 1st year and I have got Mathematics honours so in future if I want to do PhD in Mathematics in Jadavpur University then can I eligible? What qualification is necessary for PhD course?

Those candidates who have obtained a Master’s Degree of at least 2 years duration in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to study PhD Mathematics in Jadavpur University. Eligible candidates have to appear for the Written Entrance Test (WRET) and Interview / viva-voce for the admission to study PhD Mathematics in Jadavpur University. Candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE/Teacher Fellowship shall be exempted from the Written Entrance Test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?