8th July 2018, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(English) without MA for MEd postgraduate?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have not completed my MA. But I have done MEd. I want to do PhD now in English. So, am I eligible to do PhD program without MA Degree? Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

13th July 2018, 08:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(English) without MA for MEd postgraduate?

In order to get eligible for pursuing PhD program, candidate must have done Masters course in the required subject from a recognised University and percentage should not be less than 55%.
The candidate has to qualify the entrance exam that is conducted by the respective University where you want to seek admission.
13th July 2018, 11:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't study Ph.D in English, if you don't have MA in English qualification. The minimum qualification required is a masters degree with 55% marks.

Admission is based on performance in the entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university.
15th July 2018, 10:31 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

PhD English Eligibility:

Master's degree is required to gain admission to a Doctoral Program.

In cases, where the admission at the M Phil has been conducted through an entrance examination and Course work has been prescribed at the M Phil level, such M Phil candidates when and admitted to the Phd program shall not be required to undertake entrance examination.

For some prestigious universities, candidate is required to qualify the all India Level Examination such as National Eligibility Test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?