22nd December 2015, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD in Computer Science for IT postgraduate?

Sir,
I am interest to study PhD in Computer Science but I am a postgraduate of IT. So, I am eligible to do PhD in Computer Science? Please let me know asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to study PhD in Computer Science for postgraduate of GNDU?
  2. Procedure to study PhD in Computer Science for a postgraduate?
  3. Eligibility to study PhD in Computer Science for MCA postgraduate of Banasthali Vidyapith?
  4. Eligibility to do PhD in Computer Science for MCA postgraduate?
  5. How can I study Part Time PhD in Computer Science being a MCA postgraduate?
  6. List of universities which offer Part Time PhD in Computer Science to M.Sc postgraduate? Total expenses to study Part Time PhD?
  7. Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology in Mysore University being a Veterinary Science postgraduate?
  8. Detailed information and admission procedure to study PhD in Computer Application in IGNOU for M.Sc(IT) postgraduate?
  9. Eligibility to study PhD for a postgraduate?
  10. Possibility to study PhD in Computer Science/Information Technology for MS(Software Design) postgraduate?
  11. Eligibility for PhD in Computer Science or Computer Application? Which university is providing these courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Does IIT offer PhD in Computer Science to M.E.(CSE) postgraduate?
  13. Is it compulsory to appear in UGC-NET for doing PhD in Computer Science for MCA postgraduate?
  14. Best University to study PhD in Computer Science for distance MCA postgraduate in Ludhiana?
  15. How to do PhD in Computer Science for an Assistant Lecturer?
  16. List of universities which offer PhD in Computer Applications with stipend in India? Eligibility to apply for M.Sc postgraduate?
  17. How can I get admission to study PhD in Computer Science? Qualification required to get admission?
  18. Eligibility to do PhD in University of Oxford for M.Sc(Computer Science) candidate?
25th December 2015, 10:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD in Computer Science for IT postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am interest to study PhD in Computer Science but I am a postgraduate of IT. So, I am eligible to do PhD in Computer Science? Please let me know asap.
Those candidates who have completed masters degree in CS/IT or its equivalent from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.

You must have valid GATE, UGC NET score card.
26th December 2015, 04:05 PM
iphone5s

Don't worry, you can switch to CSE from IT. Almost It and CSE are same these days. You have to learn and study little bit different technology and stuffs, and apart from this everything is same. So, i will suggest you to inquire about the subjects that will be making difference in CSE than IT for your prior information. And then you can easily fly to CSE.
26th December 2015, 08:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

IT is related to computer science and you can surely apply for admission in PH.D programme in this field. Just make sure that the research topic is related to both the fields when applying for admission.

Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview stage. Therefore, just be prepared for the entrance exam and viva stage of the admission process.
26th December 2015, 09:59 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Yes, you are eligible to apply for PhD after completing Master Degree in Information Technology. Those who have completed their Post Graduation in convened specialization are eligible to apply for PhD in Computer Science.

Those who belong from general and OBC candidates should hold 55% at Master degree level and 5% relaxation will be given upto 5% for reserved category students.

There is no age criteria Lectureship. However, the candidate age should be below 28 years for JRF post.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?