21st July 2019, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Tamil) in Osmania University?

Hi everyone, I am a student of MPhil in Tamil. After completing my MPhil, I want to do a PhD in Tamil. I want to o this PhD from Osmania University. Can I know my eligibility to do PhD(Tamil) in Osmania University?

23rd July 2019, 11:08 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Tamil) in Osmania University?

Eligibility to study PhD(Tamil):

-A candidate who has completed Master's or M.Phil in Tamil is eligible to persue PhD in Tamil.
24th July 2019, 12:10 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study PhD(Tamil) in Osmania University are;

You must have a master's degree in the concerned subject or MPhil degree in the concerned subject from any recognized university and approved by Osmania University with at least 55% marks (50% in case of ST/SC PwD candidate).

Admission will be on the basis of PhD Eligibility Test followed by interview. Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET/CSIR-NET/SET-TS/AP /JEST/GATE/GPAT examination or NPhil degree holder in regular mode in the concerned subject approved by Osmania University are exempted from PhD Eligibility Test.

You can find detailed information at;
http://arts.osmania.ac.in/DeptTamil.php
24th July 2019, 06:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For PhD in Tamil, you need a minimum of a masters degree in the same subject or field with minimum 55% marks from a recognised university. There is a relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

Those who have got MPhil qualification need minimum 50% marks and they will be exempted from the entrance exam. You need to clear the interview conducted by the concerned university to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?