19th July 2018, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exam available to study PhD(Economics) in IIT-Indore?

Hello everyone, I am looking forward to do PhD in Economics from IIT-Indore. So, I would like to know about the entrance exam through which I can secure admission. Can anyone of you kindly let me know about the entrance exam through which I can secure admission?

23rd July 2018, 07:21 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam available to study PhD(Economics) in IIT-Indore?

In order to admission in IIT-Indore to study PhD(Economics), you will have to take an entrance exam UGC-JRF or NET.

Eligibility criteria to study PhD(Economics) in IIT-Indore is as follows:

Candidate must hold M.Phil degree in relevant discipline of Arts or Commerce.
Or

Candidate must have a Master's degree in Arts/ Commerce with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent with UGC-JRF or NET.
Or

Candidate must have a Master's degree in Science/Engineering/Agriculture/Environmental Science/ International Business with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% marks with UGC-JRF or NET may be considered for research areas consistent with the academic background and special interests.
Or

Candidates having B.Tech degree from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) with a minimum CPI of 8.0 are exempted from GATE requirement.

Last edited by ppsahu; 6th August 2018 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Remove *
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?