22nd August 2019, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a Professor through PhD(Mathematics) course of ISI Hyderabad?

Hello friends, I am planning to pursue a PhD(Mathematics) course which is available at ISI Hyderabad. I want to become a Professor. Can anyone of you let me know how I can become a Professor through this PhD program? Thank you!

19th September 2019, 01:37 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Professor through PhD(Mathematics) course of ISI Hyderabad?

To become a professor first of all you need to become a lecturer or Assistant Professor and for that you should hold a PhD/Doctoral degree and has to pass the National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC-CSIR or State Level Eligibility Test (SET). You should have an experience of around 8 years working as an Associate Professor, publish the research papers from the information generated. Writing review articles, book chapters and books makes the makes the person eligible for higher position.

You can supervise the research projects funded by funding agencies, preparation of reports and publication of the findings in the journals of international repute. Conferences, Symposium, workshops and training programs are also very important to get promoted as a professor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?