26th May 2023, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

I have 44.5 % marks in MA Social work. Can I do Phd?

I have 54.5 % marks in MA Social work. Am I eligible for Phd?

27th May 2023, 06:14 PM
Shantanubose22

Default Re: I have 44.5 % marks in MA Social work. Can I do Phd?

Eligibility Criteria for PhD course:-

Candidates for admission to the Ph.D program must possess a Master's degree in the relevant/relevant subject or a professional degree declared equivalent to a Master's degree by the concerned statutory regulatory body, with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
28th May 2023, 06:33 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

For PhD, candidates must have a post graduate degree from a recognised university with minimum 55%marks.

The duration of this course is 3 to 5 years.
28th May 2023, 11:07 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Whether you can do a PhD in Social Work with a 44.5% marks in MA Social Work depends on the university you are applying to. Some universities have a minimum GPA requirement for PhD programs, while others do not. You will need to check the requirements of the specific universities you are interested in.

In addition to GPA, universities may also consider other factors when evaluating PhD applications, such as your research experience, letters of recommendation, and personal statement. If you have a strong research background and can demonstrate your passion for Social Work, you may still be able to get into a PhD program even with a lower GPA.

Here are some tips for increasing your chances of getting into a PhD program with a lower GPA:

* Get involved in research. This will show that you are passionate about Social Work and that you have the skills necessary to conduct research.
* Get strong letters of recommendation. Ask professors or other professionals who know you well to write letters of recommendation for you.
* Write a strong personal statement. In your personal statement, explain why you are interested in a PhD in Social Work and what you hope to achieve with your research.
29th May 2023, 07:32 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to pursue a Ph.D. in Social Work with 44.5% marks in your MA degree. However, admission requirements for Ph.D. programs can vary across institutions and countries.
While your marks may meet the minimum eligibility criteria, other factors such as research experience, letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, and entrance exams may also be considered during the selection process.

To check the specific requirements of the universities or programs you are interested in for a more accurate assessment.
29th May 2023, 03:09 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

The answer is NO.

The required minimum qualification for admission to a Ph. D Program shall normally be a two years Master's OR M. Phil Degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field. She/he must have obtained 55% marks or Equivalent Grade in the Master's from any university.
29th May 2023, 05:25 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue a Ph.D. in Social Work with 44.5% marks in your Master's degree.
Admission requirements for Ph.D. programs can vary between universities and countries.
While a lower percentage may not meet the minimum eligibility criteria at some institutions, others may consider additional factors such as research experience, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, and performance in the entrance exam or interview.
29th May 2023, 05:27 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria for Ph.D. in social work is that candidate must have completed a Master's degree in Social Work with a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate from any recognized university or Institute.

If you satisfy the above criteria, then you are eligible to apply for the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?